You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

My controller position is not identified by VRoute

Carlos Alexandre Nader 967

Posted
Posted

Hi,

I was controlling at BH_APP (Brazil) and tried VRoute for the first time. I noticed that my position was not recognized by VRoute. I had the same problem when using Servinfo.

This is the shot I took:

imagemll1.png

See me as the first listed controller? VRoute would not identify my position. Instead of a blank 'facility', it should have identified me as Belo Horizonte Approach.

Oh, and I don't show up in the map either.

What could it be?

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg

Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

Probably was not located in the database. As soon as Michal sees this post, he will probably add it.

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Posted
Posted

Thank you, Brian. I'll wait for Michal, then.

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

What is BH_APP - specifically, what airport does it cover?

regards,

Michal

vroute.net founder

Posted
Posted
What is BH_APP - specifically, what airport does it cover?

regards,

Michal

Belo Horizonte Approach. It's the terminal control area in Belo Horizonte (capital of Minas Gerais state, in Brazil), covering SBCF, SBBH, SBLS and SBPR airports.

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I can link BH to SBCF (the largest of the four, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume), causing BH_APP to be treated and displayed like it was SBCF_APP, is that OK with you?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Posted
Posted
I can link BH to SBCF (the largest of the four, I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume), causing BH_APP to be treated and displayed like it was SBCF_APP, is that OK with you?

Michal

I don't think that would be a problem. If it's the only way to do it, no problem.

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

OK, done.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Michal can you check LBSR_CTR...I was online for more then one houre on 13th this month....but nothing...I wasn't shown on vRoute as well...Also the FIR map for LBSR is missing from the server....

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

Another Position that doesnt show up on Air traffic List is

LON_NW_CTR

this is part of the EGTT London centres, it shows up when iam connected but, doesnt show booked sessions on the list, but if I book a flight is shows the position on the time lines

non-discript self importance signature

Posted
Posted
OK, done.

Michal

Thanks, Michal

3453.png

odisseiarz4.jpg

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

A Position that is recognized but not displayed on the map: EDBB_N_APP (Berlin Arrival (North)). Don't know if _S/F_APP is displayed.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

LBSF map fixed.

The reason why LBSR_CTR, LON_CTR and EDBB_APP were/are not recognized is very simple - these callsigns don't follow standards, at least the standards [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed while building vroute.info. These are:

- the callsign is a FIR/ARTCC name followed by CTR/FSS

- or the callsign is an airport code (4-letter, or 3-letter in USA) followed by any other suffix

Since LBSR is not a FIR (LBSF is), LON is not a FIR either, and EDBB is a FIR not an airport, these callsigns were not recognized. For the same reason vroute does not understand MMTY_CTR (Monterrey) because it is only a part of MMFR FIR. I realize what the world is like and I'm not trying to force people to use standard callsigns, that is why I patch everything manually - this is why LON_CTR is displayed on the map and why BH_APP is now recognized.

I'm still facing the problem of completely rewriting a significant part of the callsign-decoding mechanism to match the reality - for example, to enable custom shapes attached to callsigns which would enable us to i.e. decode EDBB_APP and show it together with the right shape. I need to give it a little thinking first, because the current structure is stressed to it's limits and using it now would force me to redo the work later.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Michal....LBSR is FIR, Bulgaria has two FIR - Sofia - LBSR, Varna - LBWR, LBSF is only for Tower and Approach....I can give you even the AIP to check it...

Thanks for the IMG fix...love vRoute

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Todor,

I'd rather not fix the LBSF problem, as there would be too many places in the source data where something could go wrong. I'm simply using DAFIF AIRAC 0608 database and this is what it says there. Can we stay with LBSF?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

If we stay with LBSF_CTR some things will come in front:

1. It will not be correct as real-life......I can live with that

2. ALL POF files which have LBSR in them must be corrected....and with the incoming ATC clients...this means to correct all files and setups....and some core changes of the clients....

3. All other info clients and services must be change too....Eurobook, Servinfo (not sure even if there will be update) and many others...

4. Some I can't think now

If it is such a problem, I can live with it....If it will take more time...I can wait

• 2 weeks later...
Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Michal this is from today, LBSR is missing

vRoute.jpg , c

an you send me the AIRAC 0608 to check it....

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Sorry, where exactly is it missing from and what does the screenshot intend to prove? Is it about EURE_FSS not covering entire Bulgaria?

Michal

vroute.net founder

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

What is missing is the coverage of LBSR FIR....as you pointed on your last post... LBSR is replaced with LBSF...and I think that is the problem....correct me if I'm wrong

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Fixed.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Thanks a lot Michal..really...thanks!!!!