You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ONESKY

Oscar Pilgrim 850446

Oscar Pilgrim 850446
Posted
Posted

Hi there!

Is there any plans for a new ONESKY fly-in in the near future?

I think it would be great - maybe when SB3 is released - to have a huge fly-in show all the pilots who have been on leave what it's all about...

Regards!

1384.png

Tim Spruytte 875392
Posted
Posted

Don't hit me if I'm wrong, but I believe the previous VATEUD event coordinator (EC) has quit the job, and I'm not sure if a new one has been found yet. However, it could be an excellent first project for this person. As the BeluxvACC EC, I suggested a OneSky4 on the internal forums. The answer was that OneSky serves high-traffic areas more than it does new or more remote vACCs. I understand that it's a VATEUD policy to support FIRs with less traffic with fly-ins and other events instead of putting energy into OneSky.

Nonetheless, I'm a big supporter of this SB-Inauguration Event.

Tim

ACCBE4 - BeluxvACC Event Coordinator

CTR - Brussels (EBBU FIR)

http://www.beluxvacc.org

Martin Leat 860888
Posted
Posted

I Think the event would be perfect for when SB3 is out

Martin Leat

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted
Don't hit me if I'm wrong, but I believe the previous VATEUD event coordinator (EC) has quit the job, and I'm not sure if a new one has been found yet. However, it could be an excellent first project for this person. As the BeluxvACC EC, I suggested a OneSky4 on the internal forums. The answer was that OneSky serves high-traffic areas more than it does new or more remote vACCs. I understand that it's a VATEUD policy to support FIRs with less traffic with fly-ins and other events instead of putting energy into OneSky.

Nonetheless, I'm a big supporter of this SB-Inauguration Event.

Ahem Tim,

you should ask your vACC director why he has slept the past 4 weeks .

In fact with the new VATEUD staff introduced 4 weeks ago Krzysztof Szerszen took over the event coordinator position from Kemal Baki, and we are already engaged in planning a huge "the-new-clients-inauguration-event". You can be sure that we want to see the skies burning on that day - and we also want to get back a certain trophy .

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted
and I'm not sure if a new one has been found yet.

... not hiting you by all means but how great would it be if people did read the Region NOTAMs when they came out !

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=901

Cheers

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Tim Spruytte 875392
Posted
Posted

Ok, ok. Thanks for not hitting me.

Has the VATEUD policy on region-wide events changed? Is this inaugural event a one-off, or are we going to see more of these super fun occasions (even though they're organizational nightmares... )?

I'm looking forward to helping out as one of the many EC's...

Tim

ACCBE4 - BeluxvACC Event Coordinator

CTR - Brussels (EBBU FIR)

http://www.beluxvacc.org

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted
Has the VATEUD policy on region-wide events changed? Is this inaugural event a one-off, or are we going to see more of these super fun occasions (even though they're organizational nightmares... )?

Hiya,

as far as I know the policy has NOT changed. And I don´t see too much relation between events and formal policy at all. I definitely want to see more and different events on the divisional and european level, and I´m sure our new clients will give lot´s of pilots a kick to get online more often and to join events when they will happen. And yes, we already have some plans for futere events, but however any input is welcome and valuable!

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png