You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EWA Group Flight

Terrence Scanlan

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Virtual Airline EWA (East West Airlines) is conducting a flight from EHAM to YSTW and is being done in easy stages each Friday at 0930Z. The route is the same as the route taken when EWA took delivery of their first F27 in the early 60s.

On Friday May 4th the group of about 15 pilots will depart OMSJ (Sharjah) for OPKC (Karachi) and will arrive at about 1230Z.

From there the route takes the group to VIDP (5/11), VECC ( 5/18 ), VYYY (5/25), VTBS (6/1) and so on into Vietnam and onwards through ASIA. Each leg commences at 0930Z.

Any ATC able to turn out to provide services to this group would be appreciated.

Edited by Guest

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted

Hi Terry,

I should be around to cover VIDP/VECC and I'll see if any other local Indian controllers are around too

See you online

Controllers have feelings too...

Deepan Mehta
Posted
Posted

Hi Terry/Alex ,

I'll be online for the India legs and co-ordinate with the others on our forum to check who else is available....Dee

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Thanks Alex and Deepan, that would be appreciated. There are usually about 15 pilots in the group so plenty of work in sequencing etc.

As a VATSIM/Hit Squad member that previously worked ATC there would you fellas mind if I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]isted with ATC for the group?

Terry Scanlan

Deepan Mehta
Posted
Posted (edited)

As a VATSIM/Hit Squad member that previously worked ATC there would you fellas mind if I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]isted with ATC for the group?

Terry Scanlan

mind ?? haha Terry thats a good one ....absolutely not ..fact it'd be great to have you on over our skies .. Alex has started a post over at the vatindia forum so lets see who else we can get on ..to help us staff this one ... Edited by Guest

Johnathon Neilsen 955672
Posted
Posted

Just curious but what date yous plan on landing at YSTW?

955672.png

Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Hi Johnathon, the group flight will land in YSTW on Friday August 10th not quite sure of the ETA but plenty of time to advertise that.

Terry

Alex Stjepanovic 963114
Posted
Posted

Terry Scanlan

mind ?? haha Terry thats a good one ....absolutely not ..fact it'd be great to have you on over our skies .. Alex has started a post over at the vatindia forum so lets see who else we can get on ..to help us staff this one ...

Likewise! Hope to see you around

Controllers have feelings too...

• 4 weeks later...
Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Friday May 25th, VECC to VYYY, departing at 0930Z.

I will be around to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist local Indian ATC

Terry Scanlan

• 2 weeks later...
Terrence Scanlan
Posted
Posted

Friday June 8th, the EWA group depart VTBD for VVTS (Ho Chi Minh Airport) leaving the old Bangkok International terminal at 0930Z. The flight is approximately 400nm and will take about 2hrs to complete.

Any local ATC would be appreciated.

Terry Scanlan