You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Known issue with VRC 1.2 voice ATIS

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

August 14, 2007 Update: VRC 1.2.1 is now available, which fixes this issue. Download from http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/download.shtml

-------------------------------------------

Hello all,

Please note that there is a new known issue with VRC 1.2, regarding the voice ATIS feature. Some users have reported an intermittent error when trying to record a new voice ATIS message. The error is:

Error saving voice ATIS recording: could not delete previous recording

Some users get this error every time, and some users only get the error after they've been online with a voice ATIS running for hours. I have not been able to identify the cause, and a very small percentage of beta testers reported this problem, so I decided to release VRC 1.2 anyway.

If you have this problem, please try to identify the steps required to reproduce it, and post your information here. Include the operating system that you're using, and whether or not you are logged in to Windows as a user with Administrator privileges.

It seems that the only workaround for this problem is restarting VRC.

Edited by Guest

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Rainer Brinkschulte 811970
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

it seems that I'm also in the club who have this problem. I get this message everytime when I press the Save butten after Recording the ATIS.

Using the Windows XP SP2. Was running as Administrator.

One thing more when I then hit the Connect Button VRC crash down with the a "unexpected error"

I tryied it with the F-Secure Internet Security and without. But it didn't helped

Hope there is a solution but until now I'm not able to provide voice ATIS with my System.

Rainer

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hello Rainer,

Have you tried downloading the installer and reinstalling 1.2? The first installer I uploaded had a problem with this.

Rainer Brinkschulte 811970
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

interesting, I have downloaded the installer at 1057z after you posted today that there was something missing. Now I have downloaded the setup and installed it again. And it works now. Both Setups have the same size! Maybe my installation was damaged or I realy get the uncorect setup file. And I was so shure that I have the correct one

Okey cancel me now from the Clublist.

Rainer

Rafael Lech 927640
Posted
Posted

I had this problem initially, after running a voice ATIS for over an hour, upon update I could not save a new recording and received the same error warning. I'm running Windows XP SP2 as an administrator. Cheers.

5166.png

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

I had this problem. Initially downloaded at 1630Z so though would have been fine but once tried to updayte wouldn't let me save. Re-downloaded at 1850Z and managed to save it fine. The only difference between the 2 times is initially was recorded on 136.520 the RW ATIS frequency for Gatwick and this wouldn't let me save it (and is out of the FS range) and the second time was recoreded on 134.220 within the FS range and it worked fine this time. So not sure if was the re-install or change in frequency to an FS compatible one that helped.

Phillip

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Raffael WALTHER
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross

I've used VRC yesterday for maybe four hours and recorded serval voice ATIS during this period but never had any problem. Today I was online for just a few minutes (maybe 20 or something) and when I wanted to update my ATIS for the first time I got this specific error. The only solution was to restart VRC then it worked again fine. Maybe also important. The ATIS freq. the first day was 128.52 and the second day it was 135.57.

My System:

Windows VISTA Ultimate and I had admin privileges.

I'll give you further infomation as soon as I know more

Regards

Raffael Walther

Best regards

Raffael Walther

vACC Switzerland

[email protected]

[email protected]

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info. This problem is definitely going to be tricky to solve ... it seems totally random for everyone that's experiencing it.

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

On Saturday i was using the Voice ATIS (Freq. 124.52), I was on for a few hours and then i got the message after recording a rather short ATIS, thats when i got the error, next day, first time short ATIS and i got the error.

Windows XP SP2

For the Hours i was using the (working) Voice ATIS, it was the full recording

vatme-sig.jpg

Martin Leat 860888
Posted
Posted

System

Intel Core 2 6600@ 2.4 GHZ

Mem 2046 MB

System Type - VISTA 32 Bit

If I run VRC as the Non admin then It will not work but Run it as the Admin and hay presto we have a winner. It works. Looses all the settings but apart fromt hat the atis works.

Martin Leat

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

My Problems happen on the ONLY account sorry.

vatme-sig.jpg

Man Hang Wong 974212
Posted
Posted

have the same problem

about 3 changes

i guess: did you lock / unlock the voxatis.dat file appropriately?

config:

2.8GC

1 GB ram

winxp trad sp2

admin account

sig.png

Francis Shepherd 980238
Posted
Posted

I have had the same problem, although intermittently and not very often. Specs are: Intel Pentium D 945 (2x3.4ghz), 2048mb DDR2, XFX (nVidia) 7950GT XXX, Windows XP MCE 2005 SP2 on the one and only account (admin) and 2x 160GB SATAs. (no RAID). I did encounter the faulty installer the first time I downloaded.

generate.php?mid=1235

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

I had this problem consistently on Win Vista Business 32bit even while logged in as an administrator. It seems to be solved at least for now by installing VRC on a secondary hard drive (i.e. not the system HDD with program files and Windows). It might be a workaround worth trying for others.

I've found that Vista doesn't like anyone making any changes to any directory in "Program Files." Even trying to dump my sector files in the Program Files\VRC\ directory gave me a "cancel or allow" prompt.

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Someday I'll be running Vista and I'll be able to make VRC fully compatible with it, but I'm not getting anywhere near Vista until it's been out for a couple years. For now I'll just collect the information I get from Vista users and post any helpful information in the VRC forums.

Martin Leat 860888
Posted
Posted

If you need any more info then shout.

Martin Leat

• 3 months later...