You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Route Info

William Raymond

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

Michal sorry to bother you with this again..Please check this for me and see if you can fix it..

Select a route from North America/Florida/KMIA and then go to the right side 'arriving at'....there isn't a Caribbean region listed...as a result countries like Jamaica, Puerto Rico etc are shown under Central America which is not correct

Would appreciate if you could add Caribbean as a region to the arriving section.

Many thanks

Bill

VATSIM Supervisor (ret'd)

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Changed. But I'm getting confused about Central America and Caribbean - check http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=18382

Not sure which one should stay - I'm certainly not considering an option to have one more region just because of political reasons

Michal

vroute.net founder

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

I think the confusion comes from the use of the word 'Region". Regions are made up of divisions. Under vatsim the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America fall under the "region of the same name" similar to Canada and the USA fall under the North American Region.

So what you could do then to avoid the problem is in the drop down list of arrivals/departures in the region field put "Central America, Caribbean and Mexico" and then leave the country list as is which will show all the countries that belong to the top level region. I hope thats a better clarification. As it was you only had Central America and now Caribbean as the main region. All three names would be best

Sorry for the work and or confusion

Thanks

Bill

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Regions are made of divisions in VATSIM only. The route part, as it is not 100% VATSIM-related but more for general flight simulation users, should not follow VATSIM structure so closely. If it did, I would have to list current Europe as "United Kingdom and Rest Of Europe"

Michal

vroute.net founder

William Raymond
Posted
Posted
Regions are made of divisions in VATSIM only. The route part, as it is not 100% VATSIM-related but more for general flight simulation users, should not follow VATSIM structure so closely. If it did, I would have to list current Europe as "United Kingdom and Rest Of Europe"

Michal

If thats the direction then for sure the Caribbean countries should not be included with Central America as the Caribbean is a region onto itself.

No problem

Thanks

Bill

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

To put it straight, I can accept one of the following requests:

- rename Caribbean to Central America or vice versa

- move a particular country from North America to Caribbean

- move a particular country from Caribbean to South America

- move a particular country from South America to Caribbean

- or move a particular country from Caribbean to North America.

No other options are available.

Michal

vroute.net founder

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

Michal

Rename Caribbean to "Central America, Caribbean and Mexico". The rest of the country list that falls under that remains the same. Countries do not have to be moved.

If that name is too long to fit the width of the field then an abbreviation like CAMCARMEX or similar would suffice. This is in the Region field. Now when selected the Country field appears as is now and then user can select from what you have shown at present

If not workable then let it stay as is

Thanks

Bill

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

The long option would be too long, and "CAMCARMEX" is not too user friendly i think. Let's stay with the current solution.

Michal

vroute.net founder

William Raymond
Posted
Posted

No problem and sorry for the trouble

Thanks

Bill