You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Route Page

Wycliffe Barrett

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi Michal

First off, Thanks for vRoute it has surp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed all my expectations and Servinfo has been taken off my hard drive. As a controller I think this is a wonderful piece of work. Ony one request froma controllers point of view and that would be the option of ordering pilots on line by either dep, arrival alph sort on callsign or alpha sort on name.

Sounds like a huge amount of work to me, but I'm not a programmer and so only make the suggestions.

As a pilot only one request also, the routes page I find more and morethe page I want to keep on view when flying, to be able to check weather atc coverage etc is brilliant, ut whenever i go to see who of my friends are online or see who is online flying when i go back to routes I have to search for my route again to get that fabulous page back up. Unless there is a way of doing this that i have missed.

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

That would be beautiful!

It is a really well laid out page and it would be nice to call it up without having to go through the whole setup again.

Would it be possible also that once you add a new route, to be able to produce a vRoute PDF from that route right away. Currently, this only works if the route has already been approved my a moderator. If I am entering in a new route, it means I am going to fly it and would like to be able to produce a vroute PDF right away.

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

I'll consider creating separate web browser objects for each page (info, online, route and book) and simply swap them - this would give the persistence you're speaking of. My only concern is that I sometimes press the "current" page button to reset the view, this would have to be handled specially in order to keep this behaviour.

Regarding the PDF only working from an approved page - it is actually not from an approved one, but there's a hourly job that does route post-processing that is required for the route to be printable. I will see if this can be run immediately after the new route is submitted, so that before you enter the Export parameters the post-processing would be already completed.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted
Would it be possible also that once you add a new route, to be able to produce a vRoute PDF from that route right away.

It turned out to be easier than I initially thought. Fixed - you can now have PDF instantly, without waiting for the moderator.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Hey that is great! vRoute just gets better and better.

Thanks Michal!

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

here here

well done michal

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks