You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC METAR updates delayed?

Rafael Lech 927640

Rafael Lech 927640
Posted
Posted

Hi, I noticed, when listening to RW ATIS at JFK and other airports, that VRC is usually an entire update late when it comes to METAR, this is especially problematic when I want to use the RW ATIS as my voice ATIS. What does VRC use as a source for its METAR, because real-time updates are always ahead. Cheers.

5166.png

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

Does VATSIM have any sort of regulation in regards to recording a RW ATIS and having it play as your online version?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Hi, I noticed, when listening to RW ATIS at JFK and other airports, that VRC is usually an entire update late when it comes to METAR, this is especially problematic when I want to use the RW ATIS as my voice ATIS. What does VRC use as a source for its METAR, because real-time updates are always ahead. Cheers.

VRC uses the VATSIM servers as the weather source, just like SB3 and FSInn do, so if there is any delay in VRC's weather, the same delay will apply for pilots, so I would say that using real world ATIS recordings is not the way to go.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Darryl Roach 988606
Posted
Posted

I had the same problem today. The metars are not updating on my VRC. I checked ServInfo and it's not the system. It had the latest metar. But my VRC client will not update from metars that were taken late yesterday for some reason.

Darryl Roach

0[/url]

Darryl Roach 988606
Posted
Posted

Never mind...after flying now I found out it is the network. For some reason I can get new metars on ServInfo, but VRC and Squawkbox are not being sent the updated info.

Darryl Roach

0[/url]

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm trying to figure out why the METARs are not propagating through the network.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dominic Manning 811381
Posted
Posted

Could it just be the server you're connected to? Try another server and report the results.

Darryl Roach 988606
Posted
Posted

I've seen this before. It happens at least once a month. Usually clears up in a day or so.

Darryl Roach

0[/url]