You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XML Files

Andrew Cade 1006604

Andrew Cade 1006604
Posted
Posted

When i add new planes some come with xml files and others don't. Where do i put them.

Also when some aircraft say that shift + e + 1 open a different door it comes up with the panel. how am i meant to do it

G-MCAC

online2?i=965&v=1006604

Gregory McClarnon 946953
Posted
Posted

You should leave them in the directory and just copy across the whole folder into ProgramFiles\MicrosoftGames\FS9.

What aircraft are you talking about in particular

generate.php?mid=687

Andrew Cade 1006604
Posted
Posted

A motorhome type vicheale

G-MCAC

online2?i=965&v=1006604

Gregory McClarnon 946953
Posted
Posted

Ah ok, i have no idea why that would need an XML file to run.

generate.php?mid=687

Ivan Kovacevic 920456
Posted
Posted

First of all - Greg, not all aircraft are supposed to be copied into the main FS folder. Some of them can be structured quite differently in the downloaded archive. Best idea always is to read the readme/manual that comes with it, because it will specifically say how to make that one work.

Second - the XML files are used for many things lately. Some designers use XML coding for custom animations, wingflex, and similar, while the most famous usage of it is in the gauges. I am not sure if it was introduced in FS8 or FS9, but at some point, the XML based gauges are slowly replacing .gau files, because of easier manipulation, and (as far as I've noticed) improved flexibility.