You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Controlling in Kazakhstan

Brett Susnitzky 920596

Brett Susnitzky 920596
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am interested in controlling Eastern Kazakh airspace, such as around Oskemen or Ust Kamenogorsk regions. Would i train through VATASIA or is far east Kazakhstan service provided by VATRUS?

Thanks,

Brett Susnitzky

Brett Susnitzky

FAA PPL-ASEL

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

I would imagine VATASIA, since Kazakhstan is not considered part of Russia (anymore).

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

(In my Best BORAT Voice)!

Kazakh's VERY NICE!

Brett Susnitzky 920596
Posted
Posted

Yeah the only tricky part is that is in both continents, Europe and Asia, which is why we will never qualify for the world cup, because we play UEFA.

Id be interested in transferring full time to a Kazakh FIR (Almaty FIR), as i speak Russian and bits of Kazakh, wouldn't mind helping out over there. Any ideas on who i should contact would be great.

Please, lets not get into Borat today.

Brett Susnitzky

FAA PPL-ASEL

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted
Yeah the only tricky part is that is in both continents, Europe and Asia, which is why we will never qualify for the world cup, because we play UEFA.

Id be interested in transferring full time to a Kazakh FIR (Almaty FIR), as i speak Russian and bits of Kazakh, wouldn't mind helping out over there. Any ideas on who i should contact would be great.

Hi Brett,

Although officially Almaty FIR is still listed under VATASIA, we have an agreement that training and service will be handled by VATRUS. You better check on the VATRUS website and contact the training staff of VATRUS. It is also better for you to transfer to Europe region and choose VATRUS as your home division.

Regards,

William Woo

VATASIA1

VATASIA Region Director

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

Hi Brett, I think it may be VATASIA as the country appears under the list of countries on the VATASIA website. http://www.vatasia.net/

The person to contact would most likely be William Woo (VATASIA1), Asia Regional Director. You can contact him at: william[at]vatsim[dot]net

All the best.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Brett Susnitzky 920596
Posted
Posted

Hi Brett,

Although officially Almaty FIR is still listed under VATASIA, we have an agreement that training and service will be handled by VATRUS. You better check on the VATRUS website and contact the training staff of VATRUS. It is also better for you to transfer to Europe region and choose VATRUS as your home division.

Regards,

William Woo

VATASIA1

VATASIA Region Director

Thanks, i will look into that. Is it also the same for Astana and Aktobe FIR?

Brett Susnitzky

FAA PPL-ASEL

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted

Hi Brett,

Regards,

William Woo

VATASIA1

VATASIA Region Director

Thanks, i will look into that. Is it also the same for Astana and Aktobe FIR?

Yes. in fact all FIR / aerodrome with the ICAO code starting with "U" shall better be look after by VATRUS for easier administration.

Regards,

William

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted
Hi Brett, I think it may be VATASIA as the country appears under the list of countries on the VATASIA website. http://www.vatasia.net/

The person to contact would most likely be William Woo (VATASIA1), Asia Regional Director. You can contact him at: william[at]vatsim[dot]net

All the best.

hhhmm rather unusual, coz as I posted this, it appeared to be on the forum about 20mins before the time mentioned, and way before William's post. Maybe some problem with my internet connection or something. Nonetheless I hope you get the answer you needed Brett.

All the best

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Brett Susnitzky 920596
Posted
Posted

Thanks very much Paul and William,

Ill be getting in contact with VATRUS soon.

Myabe ill be controlling sort of near you someday soon.

Brett Susnitzky

Brett Susnitzky

FAA PPL-ASEL

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted
Thanks very much Paul and William,

Ill be getting in contact with VATRUS soon.

Myabe ill be controlling sort of near you someday soon.

Brett Susnitzky

Looking forward to seeing more controllers in the East.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net