You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Advanced Voice Client Help

Jon Stoops 1011320

Jon Stoops 1011320
Posted
Posted

I have been trying to get Advanced Voice Client working and get an error message saying "Port 3290 may already be in use". I have turned off firewall and problem still persists. How do I fix this problem?..

thanks

Jon Stoops

oops, Almost forgot to include the following pertinent information:

running

FSInn

FSCopilot

FSX

Vista

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

Can I ask what's the occasion for wanting to make Advance Voice Client working? Why don't you just use the Builtin Voice?

By the way, which version of FSInn are you running?

-- L. James

-----------------

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Jon Stoops 1011320
Posted
Posted
Can I ask what's the occasion for wanting to make Advance Voice Client working? Why don't you just use the Builtin Voice?

I answer to this 1st question, probably because I'm an idiot. I'll test it once I can find someone on-line to give a radio check.

I'm using FSInn 1.3

-- Jon Stoops

Ruth McTighe 824054
Posted
Posted

You don't need AVC. The voice software is built in to both FSInn and Squawkbox. If you open AVC after you've started FSInn it recognises that FSInn is already using the port.

Why are you wanting to use AVC?

Ruth

VATGOV7

Vice president - Communications

Ruth McTighe

Heathrow Director, Essex Radar, Thames Radar, London Information

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t webmistress CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/

Webmistress Plan-G http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Now not a VATanything

• 2 weeks later...
Kenneth Alderslade 1011009
Posted
Posted

I have just joined VatSim, have FSInn loaded, ServInfo & Teamspeak, I hope to use Voice comms as against text when the options are available, but have noticed that in the FSInn settings I don't have any server address [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned against TS.

How do I create "Voice" comms when FSInn is connected, or is it automatic. appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks.

Ken Alderslade

Ken A.

Jeremy Jeffreys 812733
Posted
Posted

You do not need to use TS look down to the botom right of your screen to the system tray and click on the six lights and it will open a new window. Go to the voice coms section and find VATSIM Voice section. In this section you will be able to change your voice settings. Please use the PRC and MCDU Wiki page for detailed instructions.

Jeremy

Opteron 165 @ 2700mhz

DFI NF3 Ultra w/ 1gb OCZ 3500

Powercolor HD3850 512mb AGP @ 776/900

Windows XP

FS9.1/FSX Acceleration

CH Yoke/Rudder Pedals, Saitek X-45 Throttle

Posted
Posted

Many thanks, will do.

Ken A.

Posted
Posted

Just had a good look at MCDU, good tutorials in Flash. FSInn seems very comprehensive, all I have to do is learn to use it properly. went online for a listening session, but not much chatter in the region I chose. Will try another time.

Thanks again, hopefully I am sorted.

Ken A.

Posted
Posted

A good session last night, lots of chatter, but didn't venture out there myself, but at least the sound seems fine. I am going on holiday tonight for two weeks. By the time I come back I will have forgotten most of what I have been reading about this week!

How does SB3 compare to FSInn, or are they of a similar standard? I found FSInn OK to use last night, I suppose it is a question of what works for you.

Ken A.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
A good session last night, lots of chatter, but didn't venture out there myself, but at least the sound seems fine. I am going on holiday tonight for two weeks. By the time I come back I will have forgotten most of what I have been reading about this week!

How does SB3 compare to FSInn, or are they of a similar standard? I found FSInn OK to use last night, I suppose it is a question of what works for you.

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=16662&highlight=sb3+fsinn

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=16356&highlight=sb3+fsinn

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=19969&highlight=sb3+fsinn

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Posted
Posted

Many points of view in those links and very interesting, I will stick with FSInn, seeing as I have used it and feel reasonably comfortable with it. I am using FS9 so clearly I do have the choice. Of course FSX would change that, but, my rig is not suitable for FSX, so that point is purely academic.

Again thanks for the input.

Ken A.

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

kenneth

Welcome to your addiction, VATSIM.

Regards trying out your wings can I suggest start small and slow and at an airport that is not Heathrow, KLAX or New york. I say this more for your benifit than anything else. find yourself a regional airport load up at a stand and sit and listen for a while.

Before you knwo it you will be up in the air and flying in no time.

You dont say how long you have been using FS9, believe me flying online with real people controlling you is entirely different than the crud in FS9 they call ATC.

Enjoy

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks