You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

** ATIS PROJECT **

Manuel Marrodan 989061

Manuel Marrodan 989061
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, Im Manuel, Im writing from Chile, just for asking this. Im Virtual Pilot of Lan Virtual, and private pilot too. As you know, in our virtual flights, we can put our radios in frecuence with VATSIM, so we can have ATC LIVE in each country or city. My doubt is , can you put the real ATIS frecuence online?....if you can, could we put that frecuence in VATSIM, AND squawbox ? That way, the worlwide virtual pilot could have access to REAL ATIS in case to of have a flight in EACH city ..132.10 is ATIS In SCEL. Please let me know what do you think about it .... Regards from Chile. My other email is [email protected] I´ll be waiting ...is a good project I think !!! ManuelN (THIS IS AN EMAIL I SENT TO WWW.LIVEATC.COM my idea is can put the real freq in our virtual radios, for listening the real wheter in each airport in spanish and english in our case....in this moment our atc are working and making a record of voice of the wheter conditions offenly, so, if we can add this link from the real ATIS to our radios been online with squawbox or another system..we would help a lot to ATC´s ...thats because as you know, THIS ATIS Are recorded each one hour...so we just have to link it.....

I´ll be waiting.. pls response to [email protected] if you think this can happen..

Regards

Lan 313

Lan Virtual

Chile

David Klain 874106
Posted
Posted

We looked at that option and for a lot of reasons, cannot and will not be doing it on VATSIM. Someone copying the real ATIS and streaming it onto a VATSIM frequency is NOT authorized.

Dave