You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Next VFR Fly-In?

Micheal Johns 1013697

Micheal Johns 1013697
Posted
Posted

Dear colleges,

I was wondering why we never host a VFR Fly-In on some small municipal airport.

How about doin´ a virtual counterpart to the AOPA FLy-In next year.

Out advertising from the XXXX.aero network did a very similar thing.

http://events.ivaousa.org/index.php?page=AOPA

I don't wanna promote the other network here! Just that you know

What do you think? Maybe we do something like a Oshkosh Fly-In...

Anyway, just some thoughts of mine...

Take care

Michael Johns

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted (edited)
Dear colleges,

I was wondering why we never host a VFR Fly-In on some small municipal airport.

How about doin´ a virtual counterpart to the AOPA FLy-In next year.

Out advertising from the XXXX.aero network did a very similar thing.

http://events.ivaousa.org/index.php?page=AOPA

I don't wanna promote the other network here! Just that you know

What do you think? Maybe we do something like a Oshkosh Fly-In...

Anyway, just some thoughts of mine...

Take care

Michael Johns

Lessee... Various sectors have had many a D-Day event, where they feature Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] D towers that take Gen. Av. traffic plus all VFR/IFR arrivals and departures.. vZLA recently had their Don Fiveash Memorial Fly-in to Santa Monica (where he knew that field better than anyone here, real world or otherwise).. ZBW had their Escape to the Cape event that featured all of their small fields in and around the Boston/New England area..

Needless to say, there have been plenty of these, and will be plenty of these in the future.. Check out the VATUSA events archive for details of those that we have had.

BL.

Edited by Guest

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Ryan Guffey 956726
Posted
Posted

ZSE is working on a VFR event as we speek. It will be in coordination with YVR "Vancouver FIR". We will be doing a VFR event with them. Plus we do VFR events all the time. Poker Run being an example. The event will be focused around several airports not just one.

VATSIM Supervisor

Jean Nicholas Brisset 8349
Posted
Posted

I would be coming with my DC3, that's for sure lol

Jean Nicholas Brisset

CZUL Controller

Karen Dunbar 1002434
Posted
Posted

For event listings, please visit the VATUSA Event Calendar http://www.vatusa.org/WebCalendar/month.php and hover over each day to see a brief description of the event(s) listed for that day.

During the rest of the month of June, I see two events that might particularly interest you. One is the Texas Takeoff on Tuesday, June 19th, which offers staffing at three of their smaller airports. The other is the Pacific Extreme on June 30th: even though the main event is a trek from Hawaii to Alaska, the event notice says they will be providing service to all the Hawaiian Islands. Sounds like that would be a good time for island hopping.

Of course, if you notice, we have some type of event scheduled for every night, and the Event Calendar can help you anticipate where the ATC and traffic are likely to be. New events are being posted regularly, so make the Event Calendar one of your regular stops!

Karen Dunbar

Events Director

VATUSA

Wayne Conrad 989233
Posted
Posted

The ZLA VFR Flying Club is having a flight Friday (6/15). If it looks like fun to you, won't you please join us? Be at KCMA before 0200Z and tune your radio to 122.90. We'd be tickled pink if you came.

ZLA Pilot Certs make your eyes bright, your teeth white, and childbirth a pleasure. Get yours today!