You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Known Issue, How Do I Fix It?

Michael Degroat 1012187

Michael Degroat 1012187
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok, sorry I deleted this when I figured it out. Here is what it said...

I have been having trouble with VRC recently, and found that I wasn't the only one. Known Issues says:

Bottom line of radio history area will not appear

Apparently this issue happens quite frequently with Intel graphics hardware, especially on laptops. It may occur with other types of video cards as well. The solution that has worked for every known case has been to turn your "hardware acceleration" setting down in the video driver settings. You should not have to turn it all the way down, perhaps just halfway. Experiment to see what works.

Missing borders and data in button bar and/or radio history

This is the same problem as the one above where the bottom line of the radio history area does not appear until a new message comes in.

I'm experiencing both problems, and am running an Intel Laptop. How do I turn down acceleration? Thanks!

EDIT I figured out how to do it by going to Display Properties > Settings tab > Advanced button > Troubleshoot tab. Thanks anyway!

Edited by Guest

(\__/)

(='.'=) Michael DeGroat

(")_(") AAL914

BUNNY

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Michael, if your fix is not listed in the known issues list, please post your problem and fix here for others' benefit. If your fix was the same as what is listed in the known issues thread, then I'll go ahead and delete this thread. Let me know.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 7 months later...
Michael Degroat 1012187
Posted
Posted

Hey, I'm having the same problem again! This time with a different (new) computer. Same stuff - bottom line of the text doesn't appear, missing boarders, etc. I've gone to Display Properties, clicked on the Advanced button, then the Troubleshoot tab... went to click on the Change Settings button, but it is grayed over, and underneath it, it says... "Your current display driver does not allow changes to be made to hardware acceleration settings."

Is there another fix? Or do I need to try another client..? Thanks for any/all help!

(Computer has Vista and Intel Processor)

(\__/)

(='.'=) Michael DeGroat

(")_(") AAL914

BUNNY

Michael Degroat 1012187
Posted
Posted

I hate to bump this, but it's been a few days. I'm sure everyone is busy, but just in case it was overlooked, I still need help. I've messed around with EuroScope and ASRC, and would prefer to have my VRC working correctly, if possible. Thanks!

(\__/)

(='.'=) Michael DeGroat

(")_(") AAL914

BUNNY

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Many Vista drivers don't allow you to change the setting, which is unfortunate. I don't know of a fix, as I don't have Vista and thus VRC is not officially supported on Vista. There are many people using VRC on Vista, though.

Does the new computer use an Intel graphics card? (Either built into the motherboard or separate.)

Michael Degroat 1012187
Posted
Posted

Yes, the graphics card is Intel...

(\__/)

(='.'=) Michael DeGroat

(")_(") AAL914

BUNNY

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

There may not be anything you can do, then. Intel graphics drivers have had poor OpenGL support on XP, and worse on Vista. Maybe a Vista user will chime in with a solution or workaround ...

Michael Degroat 1012187
Posted
Posted

Ok then... thanks anyway for your time. I'm sure I can get by for now.

(\__/)

(='.'=) Michael DeGroat

(")_(") AAL914

BUNNY