You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vRoute will not launch??

Lucas St Laurent 977275

Lucas St Laurent 977275
Posted
Posted

Hey folks -

At one point, I had vRoute functioning fine. I've since reinstalled XP over a fresh format, and am trying to get vRoute up and running again. I've installed .NET 2.0 (Of Course).

I use firefox, so I downloaded the zip, ran the setup.exe - a download dialog opens requesting to save the file "vroute.info.application" - which is the same file that came in the zip.....

So I executed the file that was contained in the zip....a quick installation window popped up momentarily with a permission window, which I accepted. The vRoute folder is now in my start menu, however when I select 'vroute.info" in the start menu, absolutely nothing happens....

Synopsis -

When I execute vroute.info a window pops up "Application Install - Security Warning" "Publisher cannot be verified, are you sure you want to install this software?"

Name: vroute.info

Publisher: Unknown publisher

Of course, I select Install.....then a BREIF install window shows up, I cannot even have time to read it....from there, I'm lost.

After this process, executing vroute.info (The same file that installed...) does nothing...

What am I missing?

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Don't know. Can you try using IE? (for installation i mean)

Michal

vroute.net founder

Lucas St Laurent 977275
Posted
Posted

...already tried the autoinstall with IE....no go. Is there an .exe file [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with this program???

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated - you mean a vroute.exe file you could manually put into your computer? No.

Please consider trying out the steps described at http://www.vroute.net/content/view/71/1/

Michal

vroute.net founder

• 3 months later...
James Grenville-Smith 9222
Posted
Posted

I had similar problems with Vista (after it was working fine for a while) and none of the solutions worked, so I just found the vRoute.exe and link straight to that now

James