You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

NEED HELP WITH ATC DIRECTORY :)

Trevor Jackson 917504

Trevor Jackson 917504
Posted
Posted

Hey Everyone

I am having problems with the ATC directory screen in squawk box. I have installed everything step by step correctly, and everything seems to work, and the server even connects with my VATSIM ID. however, when I look in the ATC directory, I never see any controllers, even after I have clicked the SHOW ALL CONTROLLERS button. I have checked the VATSIM website for online controllers, and I have even located my aircraft in the aerodrome of the controller that is online, yet I still don't see anyone on my ATC directory. Does anyone know whats wrong?? Any help would be apprectiated THANKS

Matt Stagg 900323
Posted
Posted

Hey Trevor,

The only problem I can think of it is that you are not in actual ATC range make sure a center is open and you are in the middle of it.... does UNICOM at least show up????

Cheers,

Matt Stagg

Boeing 737NG Pilot

VOZ Virtual

9116.png

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hello,

this might be related to another problem, of which you may not be aware of. After you´re connected to VATSIM start Servinfo and have a look at the world map, especially a place west of Africa. It´s where the meridian and the equator cross. Usually there are about half a dozen planes at that point . If you look at your pilots details (right-mousclick on your entry in Servinfo´s pilots listing) it may tell you that you are currently in DGAA FIR . Now what does that mean?

This tells me that you are using an unregistered version of FSUIPC 3.xx (mostly because you´re using FS2004), and you have not yet registered Squawkbox as an application with FSUIPC. Open FSUIPC, klick on "register an application" (DON´t use "register FSUIPC"!!!) and enter the following data:

Name = squawkbox

Key = LWVQ 7I2V 9GPB

This should place you correctly where you really are .

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png