You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA web design contest.

Richard Ruminski

Richard Ruminski
Posted
Posted (edited)

Become a part of VATUSA History and Design Our New Website!

Do you have a vision of what VATUSA’s new website should look like? Do you have the skills to design and build a front page including new graphics for our division? Build a website that is selected as the top choice in the contest and win the biggest bragging rights in VATUSA!

You can choose to build just one “lookâ€

Edited by Guest

Ric Ruminski I1

VATUSA11

Communications Manager VATUSA

email: VATUSA11 (at) vatusa.net

Kyle Steever 810905
Posted
Posted

Rich,

While I'd love to be wedded to you and all, this post seems to be about the webpage :D:D:D

vZME Air Traffic Manager

userbar474384ny4.gif

... --- ... ... --- ...

Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

Can I have some PHP elements in it? (for example, a VatsimPHP Who's Online script)

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted

Yes, although the contest is mainly design I have no problem with php being included. I don't suggest spending a lot of time on it though.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W

Richard Ruminski
Posted
Posted
Rich,

While I'd love to be wedded to you and all, this post seems to be about the webpage :D:D:D

A subliminal typo caused by pressure from the GF....

Ric Ruminski I1

VATUSA11

Communications Manager VATUSA

email: VATUSA11 (at) vatusa.net

Gary Frothingham 811699
Posted
Posted

This seems like a interesting challenge . Maybe beyond my present web development skills. I am wondering tho, are not the all the functions on the vatusa website , in PHP, and the backend in SQL where PHP is used to show controller data in some form view, where the Main Page would be links to those areas, and those areas also must appear in the same presentation look as the main page. (sorry for the run-on sentence)

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Gary, the idea isn't that you provide them with a fully functioning web site, but rather an HTML (real world I often just make a JPG in my favorite image editor) mockup of your vision for how the new site should look. I'm sure you can just hard code a list of random controller names to show them what it would look like.

They likely already have a lot of code they'll be reusing, they just want folks to help them with design.

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted

Yes exactly we already have most of the code we are going to use. What I need is the design for the pages itself. Content is not a requirement just space for where it should go.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W