You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Password issue

Jacob Bush 1017855

Jacob Bush 1017855
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I just joined VATSIM yesterday and am very excited to get started here at VATUSA. I did run into one problem; how to get a VATUSA website p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. I read another post on the forums about this same issue and attempted to 'recover' my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (that I never got) and it did not work. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Karen Dunbar 1002434
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Jacob ,

After joining VATSIM, you will need to select the Region and the Division you wish to be a member of.

Here are the steps to take to make this happen:

Go back to Member Services on the main VATSIM page, and click on Account Changes. Once the Registration ID Maintenance page comes up, click on Select a Region (hopefully, North America). Getting [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to a region may take 4 - 7 days. Once you get a letter welcoming you to the North American region, go back to the same Member Services/Account Changes page, and click on Select a Division (hopefully, the USA Division). You will then get a letter from VATUSA with your VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

Throughout this process, keep an eye on your junk email box....Sometimes the VATSIM or VATNA or VATUSA letters get put in junk email. If that happens, you can reconfigure your mail management system to "place on safe sender list".

I hope this information helps. If you continue to have problems, please write to the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Director of the VATUSA Division, Tom Ferry, at vatusa2 at vatusa dot org.

Welcome to VATSIM, and I hope to see you at our many events in VATUSA!

Edited one time to change the word "will" in the third paragraph to "may"

Edited by Guest

Karen Dunbar

Events Director

VATUSA

Jacob Bush 1017855
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply, I followed those steps and got my VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word earlier today. Thanks so much for your help!

Karen Dunbar 1002434
Posted
Posted

Thanks for letting me know that you received your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

I do not know if you are interested in flying with VATSIM or want to become a controller, but I have one very important piece of advice for you: read everything you can find on the VATSIM and VATUSA websites about flying or controlling before jumping in.

Here are some important links:

Rules and Regs: http://www.vatsim.net/ click on Member Services then Docomeent Library (Please be familiar with the User Agreement, the Code of Conduct and the Code of Regulations. Following these will keep your disciplinary record clean)

Pilot Resource Center: http://www.vatsim.net/prc/ Following these will help keep your flying with ATC proficient.

If you intend to study to become a controller, you will need to follow the directions in the welcome letter from VATUSA to select an ARTCC as your home airspace, then read all the training materials they have and go through their training courses. This is a very complex hobby, and it will probably take some time and effort to learn everything you'll need to know and fine tune your skills. Most of the ARTCC training departments are busy, so if there are any delays in getting an instructor [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned, use the time studying the controller training materials.

Dedication, committment and practice will really help you fine tune your skills.

Again, Welcome to VATUSA!

Karen Dunbar

Events Director

VATUSA

Jacob Bush 1017855
Posted
Posted

I am planning on being an ATC but I have barely any experiance (VFR airport patterns/ground control) and as a result I did not initally p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] the basic test. I will retake the test as soon as I possibly can. Thanks for your help and I will study this time before I take the test again.

Jacob Bush 1017855
Posted
Posted

Yes and I also have one more question, what is the VATUSA Teamspeak p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word?(If you release that info to new people)

• 4 weeks later...
Francisco Wonneberger 9998
Posted
Posted

Could I have my VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word resent. I never received it. VATSIM ID 999865. thx

Karen Dunbar 1002434
Posted
Posted

Francisco,

I have forwarded your request to our Membership Director, Andrew Rogers. He should be getting back to you shortly.

Karen Dunbar

Events Director

VATUSA

Francisco Wonneberger 9998
Posted
Posted

Thanks. I was able to get it to work this afternoon! thx again.

• 3 weeks later...
Kostas Kezios 1024111
Posted
Posted

I'm having a similar problem with VATUSA. I joined the VATNA region of VATSIM and then selected VATUSA as my division on Friday. I am really looking forward to becoming an ATC at ZAU but I have not received my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word yet. I have whitelisted you on my email account, and I checked the webmail for my server, and found nothing.

Help?

Karen Dunbar 1002434
Posted
Posted

Kostas,

Our membership director is out of town for a week or so, but he has internet access, so I would expect that he will take care of your request within a few days.

For future reference, VATUSA now has an e-ticket system for getting a notice of these kinds of issues directly to the people who can help you. You can create an e-ticket by going to the VATUSA home page and clicking on Member Services under "Your VATUSA" on the left navigation bar.

If you do not receive your welcome information within a day or two, I would suggest creating an e-ticket and directing it to Membership (using the drop down box on the e-ticket).

I'm sure we'll get you added shortly.

Karen Dunbar

Events Director

VATUSA

Kostas Kezios 1024111
Posted
Posted
Kostas,

Our membership director is out of town for a week or so, but he has internet access, so I would expect that he will take care of your request within a few days.

For future reference, VATUSA now has an e-ticket system for getting a notice of these kinds of issues directly to the people who can help you. You can create an e-ticket by going to the VATUSA home page and clicking on Member Services under "Your VATUSA" on the left navigation bar.

If you do not receive your welcome information within a day or two, I would suggest creating an e-ticket and directing it to Membership (using the drop down box on the e-ticket).

I'm sure we'll get you added shortly.

Thank you!

Robin Lee 1023855
Posted
Posted

Hello Karen,

I have the same problem. I regiestered VSTSIM.net last Wed. (Aug 22) and selected North America - United States as my region and division. But I still get nothing in my mailbox today. I'm wondering if there's anything wrong with the server's synchronization?

My VATSIM ID is 1023855.

BTW, about the e-Tickets system that you mentioned above, I think we (those who can't recicve the initial VATUSA P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word) cannot use that system since it requires VATUSA P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word when submitting the ticket...

Regards,

Robin

Karen Dunbar 1002434
Posted
Posted

Robin,

You are correct about needing the VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word for the e-ticket system. I guess that's advice for after you join VATUSA

I will p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] your information to our Membership Director, Andrew Rogers.

Karen Dunbar

Events Director

VATUSA

Brian Sperduto 856560
Posted
Posted

Ok do these three steps for me and if none of them work send me an email at vatusa6(at)vatusa(dot)org

1. Check your spam folder for the email this happens often so just take a look if nothing is there try step two.

2. Fill out the lost p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word form, http://www.vatusa.org/html/user.php?op=lostp[Mod - Happy Thoughts]screen&module=NS-LostP[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word your username is your VATSIM ID and your email is what you registered with VATSIM.

3. Check your email after filling that out for the confirmation code place that into the form along with your ID and Email. It will then give you a new p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word to use.

If all else fails email me and I can retrieve it for you.

Brian Sperduto

VATSIM Membership Team 1 Lead

[email protected]

Cross the Pond Oceanic Veteran '07, '08, E & W, '09 E & W '10 W