You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CSL Library for FS9

Helmut Vogt 907662

Helmut Vogt 907662
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

I have just upgraded to FS9 (due to HW crash and complete loss of FS2K2 installation ). I have installed SB etc and it works. Now I want to have the shape lib installed. In the download site, there is only a FS2002 version available. Just do the same or are there any specials for FS9?

Thanks for any help

Helmut

Andre Koch 852831
Posted
Posted

Hi Helmut,

my guess would be that the 2002 version works just fine in 2004. My thinking behind it is that the CSL library is being used by SB2.3, not by the FS itself. Since the SB2.3 remains the same regardless of it being used in conjunction with FS02 or FS04, I venture to guess you´ll be cool when you use the 2002 version of the CSL library.

All the usual disclaimers apply though...

Cheers,

Andre Koch

Director VACC-SAG

[email protected]

VACCSAG-Banner-300x65.gif

Helmut Vogt 907662
Posted
Posted

Hi Andre,

thanks for quick reply, will try later on today.

Helmut

Andre Koch 852831
Posted
Posted

Glad to be of [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance. Let me know how it went.

Cheers,

Andre Koch

Director VACC-SAG

[email protected]

Helmut Vogt 907662
Posted
Posted

Hi Andre,

Installation went fine without problems. The check will be when I am online again, which might not happen before saturday. Is there any other way to test it without goin online to VATSIM?

Helmut

Andre Koch 852831
Posted
Posted

I doubt it... there´s no other way I can think of right now, but that doesn´t really have to say anything... I´ve been a little braindead all day long already...

Cheers,

Andre Koch

Director VACC-SAG

[email protected]

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Ah Helmut,

while you are still configuring have a look at the README.TXT that came with SB Relay 1.2 (you will need SB Relay if you plan to use SB2.3 in FS2004). At the very end of that README.TXT there is a section which needs to be inserted at the end of your FS9.CFG. Without doing this you will get all kinds of strange error messages in FS9 when multiplayer aircraft are added.

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

What needs to be added to the fs9.cfg file? I dont seem to have the readme.txt anymore, and I dont really feel like downloading sb again as I already have it installed. But most importantly, Im lazy. Thanks

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png