You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Divisions

Aggrey Ellis 964561

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I believe we should do more to increase coverage by spliiting into VATSIM Mideast,North Africa, West Africa, South Africa, and Centrsl Africa. The South Africans and can spread out a little more for better coverage into their neighbouring countries. I dont think we can run things on a country by country basis as the amount of controllers isnt enough. West Africa is nonexistent and Im not sure if there are even sectorfiles right now but Im working on it. Its good to create more local traffic instead of having everyone

from the middleast. We need a strong African VA. Ideally this would be either Kenya Airways, Ethiopian, or SAA or a group of all three. SAA is very popular but i dont know if they give VA permission.There is a good ATC presence already there right now. A real good virtual Emirates would be good now. Arabian VA looks promising though. Due to the low population of computer pilots in the region we must make a few compromises to increase ATC and traffic. I intend to complete my training with VATCAN and then go as a guest to VATAME. Give me your thoughts on this.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

These are wise thoughts Aggrey, and we are going that way when able. Looking forward to seeing you with us!

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Former Vatsim Africa/Middle East Region Director(2004-2012)

http://www.vatame.net

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted
These are wise thoughts Aggrey, and we are going that way when able. Looking forward to seeing you with us!

Thanks. If you need help just drop me a PM.I am working on a few sectorfiles at the moment.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png