You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Airport charts for Venezuela & Colombia

Howard Brennan 980082

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

The Vatsim websites for these charts are not active.

Navigraph payware does not seem to cover these countries.

I want to fly over them. Can someone direct me to a download site for charts please?

Thank you

Howard EGBB

Jose Nicolas Larenas 89785
Posted
Posted

Howard, tell me what airports you need or want, and I will give you a link for download

Nicolás Larenas

VATSIM Supervisor

www.tamevirtual.org

www.guayaquil-fir.org

Quito - Ecuador

juan dieguez 842483
Posted
Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Thank you both for your help.

Perhaps I should explain that I would like to fly in stages of about 500 to 800 miles North to South down the west side of South America using Vatsim. So I am not sure which airports to use. Any advice would be appreciated.

Charts in Spannish may be a problem for me to read written instructions. I am OK for charts in Ecuador and Peru as I have these in English.

Regards

Howard

Posted
Posted

Maybe you can start in this way:

Caracas - Bogota - Quito - Lima - Santiago....etc....

Nicolás Larenas

VATSIM Supervisor

www.tamevirtual.org

www.guayaquil-fir.org

Quito - Ecuador

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Dont forget Guayaquil!

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Posted
Posted
Dont forget Guayaquil!

Yes, but Quito is more funny and difficult

Nicolás Larenas

VATSIM Supervisor

www.tamevirtual.org

www.guayaquil-fir.org

Quito - Ecuador

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for the advice. I have in the last few days flown out of Quito on two occasions. The controller there is most helpful. He directed me to guayaquil-fir.org where I downloaded charts in English (I notice you have also this address) so last evening I flew from SEQU to SPIM and also had a controller at Spim. I will take your advice ref airports and would appreciate any help for English charts for Caracas,Bogota, La Paz, Santiago and Punta Arenas. Then I will do the complete flight in stages.

My thanks to all who replied. Its great to have so many helpful people in this great hobby of ours.

Happy Flying

Howard (EGGB)

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Should be

Howard (EGBB)

Posted
Posted
Thank you all for the advice. I have in the last few days flown out of Quito on two occasions. The controller there is most helpful. He directed me to guayaquil-fir.org where I downloaded charts in English (I notice you have also this address) so last evening I flew from SEQU to SPIM and also had a controller at Spim. I will take your advice ref airports and would appreciate any help for English charts for Caracas,Bogota, La Paz, Santiago and Punta Arenas. Then I will do the complete flight in stages.

My thanks to all who replied. Its great to have so many helpful people in this great hobby of ours.

Happy Flying

Howard (EGGB)

Howard, I have that link in my signature because I am Ecuador Guayaquil FIR Director

I have uploaded some charts to TAME Virtual server, you can find it here: http://www.tamevirtual.org/cartas/

All charts in english, good flight and see you soon in Ecuador

Nicolás Larenas

VATSIM Supervisor

www.tamevirtual.org

www.guayaquil-fir.org

Quito - Ecuador

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Hi Nicolas

How kind of you to provide me with all the charts in English, fantastic. I will definately be flying the route North to south and back again.

Your colleague Fernando Bueno (Quito) directed me to a site for Ecuador, so I have downloaded all Ecuador airport sceneries and Ecuador Mesh and that makes a huge difference to FS9 for me.

You people are incredibly helpful. I thank you and everyone else for their help. See you next week hopefully, look out for BAW 181 that's me. I usually start flying 5pm UK time most days.

Best regards

Howard EGBB

Guess I should have Ecuador aircraft livery but BA will have to do.

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

I have down loaded all charts. Thank you so much. I have a question ref the approach to Rwy 17 at SEQU Quito.

I fly using FS Navigator. After reaching DAGMA via PACTO,INTAG or KOLTA the remaining descent intersections ARPOL,BUVUL,GATUB are missing in FS Navigator. Also if missed approach is required

UI092,UI099 are missing.

I have Emailed Stephan at NavData in the hope he will add them as they are not in Airac 0708.

It would be helpful if someone could tell me the co-ordinates so that I could p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] them on to him.

Is that possible please?

Many thanks

Howard

Posted
Posted

Howard, simple, make a visual aproach to runway 17, is more funny, reach DAGMA whit 16000ft, and then continue flying visual....If runway 35 is the active simple make the VOR ILS APP RWY 35 DESCENT 4

Bye!

Nicolás Larenas

VATSIM Supervisor

www.tamevirtual.org

www.guayaquil-fir.org

Quito - Ecuador

Posted
Posted

Aditional...

UDILA S00 15 04 W078 21 02

VURIS S00 00 08 W078 17 08

PAGAM S00 00 02 W078 18 01

VAKEL N00 02 02 W078 19 06

DAGMA N00 11 03 W078 25 00

Nicolás Larenas

VATSIM Supervisor

www.tamevirtual.org

www.guayaquil-fir.org

Quito - Ecuador

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Hi Nicolas

Thanks again for all that information. I will use it.

Do you happen to know the co-ordinates also for the ones I mentioned previously? I would like to try and get them added to FSNavigator via Stephan if possible.

Many thanks, see you soon in Ecuador

Howard

Posted
Posted

Mmmmmm is difficult to get the co-ordinates for that.... give me some day and i will see what can I do.

Nicolás Larenas

VATSIM Supervisor

www.tamevirtual.org

www.guayaquil-fir.org

Quito - Ecuador

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Hi Nicolas

Thank you. I can confirm that all the intersections you mentioned are included in FSNavigator but not the ones I mentioned. If it is a lot of work for you then don't do it. I just wanted to get them included in the next issue of Airac if I could.

Best regards

Howard

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Hi Nicolas

I flew from SEQU to SEGU and also did the return flight this evening (UK time) but missed any controllers. Maybe I will get better luck next time eh!. However I had a nice "chat" with another pilot at SEQU. Ecuador is a lovely challenge.

The charts were a blessing regarding the mountains, so thank you once more

Regards

Howard

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

Howard,

Since you are looking for charts for Chile too, I can direct you to Chile vACC's website at www.accvirtual.cl

go to section "DESCARGAS" (downloads), and scroll down to sub-section "CARTAS" (charts).

You'll find SID/STAR/IAC charts for all of the chilean airports, downloadable for free directly from the real-world chilean aviation authority (perfectly legal by the way, we just provide a link to their own public access web address). Sadly, they are only available in spanish, although they are not hard to understand as they use standard ICAO simbology. AFAIK, the english versions of this charts are only available commercially (jeppesen) so even if we had access to them, it would be unlawful to post them.

Enroute charts (both high and low) are available for download in english (last link on sub-section CARTAS). They are somewhat outdated as they are the last cycle of the DAFIF charts, but are still helpful for flight simming. If you want the latest real world cycle, they are available for download in the same website as the SID/STAR/IAC charts, in spanish only.

btw, sorry for not having (yet) an english version of the website available. We're working on it although our manpower has been diverted to other more urgent tasks in the recent times. Any help you need, however, just drop me an email and I'll be glad to help you out

cheers!

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Javier

Thank you for ther links which are much appreciated. Standard ICAO simbology is OK. its long instructions on the charts in Spanish that get me a bit worried. Nicolas has previously provided me with a link to his site where I downloaded charts in English for SCEL & SCCI, so I will go to www.accvirtual.cl also and get some more.

Its a great shame having joined Navigraph (payware) and downloaded monthly Airac's plus hundreds of charts that South America seems to be neglected, I see no charts on their site, yet it is amongst the most challenging & enjoyable parts of the world in which to fly.

Please don't apologize for not having an English version. It is I that should apologize for not speaking Spanish. I feel sure more Europeans would fly if English charts were available.

Please accept my thanks for your help and interest. I will fly over Chile in due course.

Happy flying

Howard

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Javier

I have had as look at the site and can download Sid's/Stars etc but cannot see LC (runways)

and APSI(parking) charts. Have I missed something? The ones I would like are for SCFA and SCIE

as I have SCEL & SCCI.

egasrds

Howard

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

Howard,

Landing Charts (more specifically Approach Plates) are referred by our aviation authority as Instrument Approach Charts (IAC). Those are available right where you found sid/star charts and are linked using the following naming convention:

IACx type

where "x" is the correlative number for each approach plate. Generally, numbers are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned first for ILS, then for VOR-DME, then VOR and then ADF (there are some exceptions to this convention, although most of the time you'll find ILS as the first approach plates for the ILS-equipped airports, then VORDME and so on)

for example, ILS approach for runway 02 at SCIE is linked as "IAC1 ILS", and VOR-DME to runway 19 in SCFA will be linked, IIRC, as "IAC1 VOR-DME"

Runways are depicted in separate charts for some airports in charts called "ADC". Not all airports have parking areas detailed in our AIP (like SCEL does). whenever they are available, these parking positions are available as PDC if memory serves correctly.

Other interesting charts you might find on the AIP are:

BCAC: Bird Concentration Area Charts. not really usable for simming, but they depict the areas where large concentrations of birds nest or loiter around airports, which are to be taken in consideration for real-life flying

MRVAC: analogue to MVA's in other parts of the world, these are Minimum Radar Vectoring Altitude Charts. Some airports have these to ensure terrain separation due to specially complicated topography

let me know if there's anything else you might need. I'll be more than happy to help

cheers!

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Hi Javier

Thank you for the detailed explanation which is most helpful. I have looked again at SCFA & SCIE but cannot find a plan view showing runway/s layout for download even after your advice. I have them for SCEL & SCCI so feel they are somewhere as I have never known an airport not to have them. So where am I going wrong please?

Cheers

Howard

Posted
Posted
Hi Nicolas

I flew from SEQU to SEGU and also did the return flight this evening (UK time) but missed any controllers. Maybe I will get better luck next time eh!. However I had a nice "chat" with another pilot at SEQU. Ecuador is a lovely challenge.

The charts were a blessing regarding the mountains, so thank you once more

Regards

Howard

Yes Howard I saw you flying between Quito Guayaquil Quito, but you flew to early, next time, try to fly at 0000Z and you sure will find controllers.

Nicolás Larenas

VATSIM Supervisor

www.tamevirtual.org

www.guayaquil-fir.org

Quito - Ecuador

Howard Brennan 980082
Posted
Posted

Hi Nicolas

It is due to you and others who have given me such good guidance ref charts etc that I am flying at all over your lovely Country.Unfortunately I have to fly bertween 1700 & 1930 hours UK time ( you are 6 hours behind us) so I will have to manage. If I get the chance to fly later I will. Flew last evening and had Fernando Bueno on. Very nice chap, most helpful.

Best regards

Howard