You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hello

Nayef Copty 916130

Nayef Copty 916130
Posted
Posted

Is there any Arabs in VATSIM?

I am Nayef from Jordan, Middle east.

Nayef Copty

CEO/Founder

Wings Virtual Airlines

www.naysnay.com

[email protected]

Shadi Abo Ahmad 812866
Posted
Posted

Hello Nayef,

One of the great things here is that VATSIM has of all nationalities, all gathered in one network and sharing their love to flying and aviation.

You are welcomed to fly more in VATAME area, here you will find lots of interesting places to explore and visit with your flight simulator.

For more information, feel free to contact me at LINK REDACTED

Shadi Abo Ahmad

VATAME - VATIL

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Nayef,

I'm Ali, from Cairo, Egypt

Shadi, how are you? Everything OK?

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Sameh Saeed Gabali 910524
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

This is just great, I like this forum because it gives the opportunity to talk to aviation Enthusiasts.

My Name is Sameh Gabali I'm From Cairo-Egypt , But I live in Perth-Australia (Western Australia)

I've got a lot of questions, but for now I'll ask one.

I would like to fly on the net with Africa&Middle East Region, is there any controller to observe my flight?

What should I do to fly in this region?

Actually it turned out 2 questions not one Hehe

Cheers

Take to you all soon

Sameh Gabali

samcessna.jpg

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Sameh, sbah el folll (means good morning in arabic for those who don't understand)

I'm just so glad I found someone on VATSIM from Egypt, apart from you living in Australia. Do you come to Egypt? When did you go to Australia?

I'm a member of SwissFIR and an active controller there, however, I have no problem about controlling at HECC FIR, just waiting to make my Controller Practical Test to get my STU+ rating to be able to control CTR position. In the mean time, I'm working around to find a way to create detailed sector files for Egypt's airports. Shadi, had created a CTR file, but I'm looking forward to creating one that has it all

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Sameh Saeed Gabali 910524
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Ali (Sabah el fol wel ward wel y[Mod - Happy Thoughts]meen kaman)

Ok let me make this clear first "Did I mention that I'm only a certified private pilot Flight Simulator 2002 "

Now as to your question about Australia, I've been here for about five years and I'm hoping to visit Shoubra (yes I'm Shabrawy) Next year.

Wel naby ya Ali abou Zeid Mateta3 Al gawabat

sgabali

Edited by Guest

Gregorio Cacciari 879159
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Well, im not arab neither african, but i think it is cool to interact with people around the world.

Im from Brasil and im planning to make the following trip:

Florianopolis - Johannesburg - Cairo - Panama - Florianopolis

The route is almost like a square, but i never seen any controllers around african continent. Do you know hours or people available to to that job? It would be nice to make a "convoy" of several aircraft of many countries to make a trip like that!

See ya around!

Cacciari, Gregório

Defensor Reservista do Espaço Aéreo Virtual Brasileiro.

Estuda: Piloto Comercial, Russo, Francês, Computação

Tomador de Eisenbahn

EU VOU COMPRAR UM ANTONOV.

E VOCÊ?

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Sameh, don't worry, mesh 7a2ta3 gawabat

I'm in Zamalek, pretty close to Shobra, just the nile separating between us, we 15th May Bridge

Gregorio, tonight at 1800Z I will be staffing Cairo Arrival (HECA_V_APP) and Shadi Abo Ahmad will be staffing Cairo Control (HECC_V_CTR). Depending on traffic, we'll stay online. Hope to see you tonight.

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Oren Geva 825051
Posted
Posted

Hello Ali, Nayef and Sameh (Shadi already knows me)!

I am Oren, from Israel.

I am a memeber of the VATSM Israel Division staff, and I would like to it's a pleasure meeting you all.

We would love to see you fly to Israel from Cairo, Amman or anywhere else.

Cheers!

142.png

Jerzy Filonowicz 816134
Posted
Posted

Sabah al hair !!!

Just managed to get some ATC service from Shadi and Ali on my way from Cairo to Sharm ( Fedex774 )

Very happy to see Egypt on-line - have ben waiting for this for a loooong time. I will be " a frequent flyer " in your region as long as ATC is there...

Keep my fingers crossed for our colleagues in the AME Region - all the best !

Jerzy

Warsaw, Poland

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Oren, nice to meet you, we hope to see you flying to Cairo soon too

Jerzy, it was pleasure to have your aircraft with us last night, I was wondering where you're from because you pronounced some charachters that aren't there in English language correct. Now that I know you're from Poland, I get it.

I stayed in Warsaw, Poland for the whole summer of 1987, my grandfather was the Egyptian Amb[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ador there, so we were paying him a visit. I don't remember much as I was only 5 years old, but I remember the airports, planes....etc. I even flew LOT from Warsaw to Frankfurt on my way back to Cairo.

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??