You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Just out of curiousity...

Andrew Doubleday

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Where are the event debriefs for FNO? Didn't see one for ZAU or last week's.

Thanks,

AD

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe Caban 844086

• Nathan Sleyster 878239

• Andrew Doubleday

• Ryan Guffey 956726

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe Caban 844086

Joe Caban 844086 15 posts

• Nathan Sleyster 878239

Nathan Sleyster 878239 7 posts

• Andrew Doubleday

Andrew Doubleday 6 posts

• Ryan Guffey 956726

Ryan Guffey 956726 6 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 6 2007

30 posts

• Aug 1 2007

13 posts

• Aug 5 2007

5 posts

• Jul 31 2007

3 posts

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

AJ,

You should know they have more pressing matters to attend to...

For instance, finding a mascot.

Andrew Rogers 913862
Posted
Posted

I got mine today...... or yesterday...... the 30th......

Andrew Rogers

Senior Controller -HCF

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

And where exactly would they be posted?

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

James Hudson 951027
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edited by Guest

NY T R A C O N A R T C C. JFK ISP LGA EWR PHL...

NY Instructor I1

ZNY Lead Event Coordinator

Braniff International Virtual Airways CEO braniffva.com

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Interesting how this post has been viewed over 300 times, and we have yet to receive any meaningful or helpful reply.

Brandon Grchan 925585
Posted
Posted

Whats new?

Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

This was meant to be a constructive topic, not to stir up any more mischief. I have a feeling that a mod is about to lock it.

Andrew, I have no idea, since I am not an events director.

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Andrew, it was e-mailed to the Events Directors sometime over the weekend if I recall. I don't believe there has been a public post yet with the statistics.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Bryan - I appreciate the reply. I'm glad someone is willing to step up and provide answers on VATUSA's behalf.

David Reimer 913748
Posted
Posted

Who the bloodly cares about a stupid mascot? Who came up with that one....

signiture.jpg

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

I'll give you my debrief if you like...ZAU has their [stuff] together. I had alot of fun on the way into MDW and decided to fly VFR just to observe the event and had no problems. The controllers even sequenced me into the ORD arrivals for a touch n go. good job!!!

The PDX event, I flew around VFR in a helicopter and my party of 3 got KICKED by a SUP (remaining out side of controlled airspace.) I was thinking about purchasing that scenery but I think not. Nothing against ZSE but getting kicked really sucked! I think you should brief your controllers on VFR.

Regards,

JX

David Reimer 913748
Posted
Posted
I'll give you my debrief if you like...ZAU has their [stuff] together. I had alot of fun on the way into MDW and decided to fly VFR just to observe the event and had no problems. The controllers even sequenced me into the ORD arrivals for a touch n go. good job!!!

The PDX event, I flew around VFR in a helicopter and my party of 3 got KICKED by a SUP (remaining out side of controlled airspace.) I was thinking about purchasing that scenery but I think not. Nothing against ZSE but getting kicked really sucked! I think you should brief your controllers on VFR.

Nothing Against VFR, But as a controller also, I really hate VFR

signiture.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Nothing against VFR, but you hate VFR?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tim Krajcar
Posted
Posted

I can imagine not being as comfortable with VFR because you don't get the practice but, come on, it's so much easier than controlling IFR traffic.

Tim Krajcar

James Hudson 951027
Posted
Posted

VFR is so simple to control, its basicaly, hey cessna turn north and stay low. HAHA

NY T R A C O N A R T C C. JFK ISP LGA EWR PHL...

NY Instructor I1

ZNY Lead Event Coordinator

Braniff International Virtual Airways CEO braniffva.com

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

or how about my favorite... maintain VFR, remain clear of the Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] Bravo.

Regards,

JX

Bryan Wollenberg 810243
Posted
Posted

Sure thing Andrew, glad I could help.

Bryan Wollenberg

ZLA!

Andrew Rogers 913862
Posted
Posted

sorry, I forgot you weren't an ATM..... If you email Karen I am sure she can help get it to you, I don't think I have my copy any more.

Andrew Rogers

Senior Controller -HCF

Timothy Salamon 995912
Posted
Posted

AJ, did you respond to that the way I did?

Timmeh! (ST)

ZLA S3

N316BT, PAY7423, SWA6309, UPS431

61.png

Michael Moskovich
Posted
Posted

The reason a lot of controllers dislike VFR is due to the fact that the majority of traffic on the network is IFR and they don't get ample amount of practice; but VFR is literally a 'remain clear, cya' type of thing.

ZTL ML

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted (edited)

Telling a target to remain clear of the airspace is certainly an option, but should really be reserved for occasions where the increased workload and radio usage would be prohibitive. If I were flying along and wanted to land at a Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] C airport, and the controller told me to remain clear of the Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] C without a reason, I wouldn't be pleased.

Managing VFR aircraft usually means just telling the pilot where you need him to be, whilst using the LEAST restrictive instructions possible. For example, if you need a VFR guy transitioning the area to remain west of the airport as he flies north to south to remain clear of the arrival corridor, then simply say "remain west of the airport", rather than "fly hdg 200".

Once you realize what tools are available to you as a controller, managing VFR is a lot of fun in my opinion.

Edit: added 'least restrictive'

Edited by Guest

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Funny part is I remained clear on my own without any instructions from ATC. I called them when within the CTC areas as per the chart and I along with two friends got kicked... Whether VFR is easy or hard is not the point. Point is in my opinion they handled it horribly.

BTW I have to add ZLA to the list, we flew Skywest in thier a few times and they did a good job too! Congrats to the guy who p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed his OTS last night.

Regards,

JX

Nathan Sleyster 878239
Posted
Posted

Joe, what are you talking about? What does, "got kicked" mean?

ZSE ATM and I1

1798.png

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Always read the whole thread...

Regards,

JX