You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Just out of curiousity...

Andrew Doubleday

Jonathan O'malley 904030
Posted
Posted

who blamed it on network issues? lol

61.png

ZSE_JO ZLA_JY

SimCOA IAH [Mod - Happy Thoughts]. Hub Manager, COA4301

RW PPL/ASEL + Tailwheel

"Semper Fi"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe Caban 844086

• Nathan Sleyster 878239

• Andrew Doubleday

• Ryan Guffey 956726

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe Caban 844086

Joe Caban 844086 15 posts

• Nathan Sleyster 878239

Nathan Sleyster 878239 7 posts

• Andrew Doubleday

Andrew Doubleday 6 posts

• Ryan Guffey 956726

Ryan Guffey 956726 6 posts

Popular Days

• Aug 6 2007

30 posts

• Aug 1 2007

13 posts

• Aug 5 2007

5 posts

• Jul 31 2007

3 posts

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

the rest of ZSE and the SUP that night...

Regards,

JX

Jonathan O'malley 904030
Posted
Posted

oh, I dont recall blaming it on server issues lol, cuz...that wasnt the case, if you would like to talk to me or the rest of ZSE further...send me a pvt message and I will send you my email address.

61.png

ZSE_JO ZLA_JY

SimCOA IAH [Mod - Happy Thoughts]. Hub Manager, COA4301

RW PPL/ASEL + Tailwheel

"Semper Fi"

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted
But anytime Andrew Doubleday wants to come to ZSE and train me and my instructors on VFR ops in the Pacific Northwest, he's sure welcome.

Sad part is he's not serious... AD, you're welcome to come on down to ZTL and look over some projects I am working on at anytime. Trust me I won't take any recommendations you make personally!

Nathan,

I apologize, the way I worded my statement at that hour of the morning might have come off as a bit of a personal attack... that's not really what my intent was. Just that I've seen many ARTCCs have issues with VFR, and from reading the general trend of the posts in this thread with regards to the dislike of VFR, I figured I'd point a couple of things out about it while addressing you at the same time, although I'm really referring to the USA division of this network in general. Anyways, I didn't mean for that to be as personal as it may have come across - for that I apologize.

I have no desire to interfere with your training, just merely commenting on the appearance of the situation. I'll keep my mouth shut about it now though.

Still waiting for this thread to be locked... the original question was never addressed and I doubt it will be via this thread.

Regards,

AJ

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Bill McCoy 1007029
Posted
Posted

Do all of you guys hear how ridiculous this is?? No wonder folks hate posting on the VATSIM boards with all of this nitpicking!

I don't know ANY of you, and I have no beef with anyone here, but after reading hundreds of posts, I've gotten the "flavor" of some of the personalities around here.

Joe, what amazes me is the fact that your are the ATM of my home airspace, as well as the CEO of a major VA, and you conduct yourself like a 6 y/o on a sugar rush. If you have a problem with a controller, we have a tool called a Pilot Feedback form. If a SUP is your issue, email him rather than lambasting here in a PUBLICLY viewed forum.

As an ATM, you of all folks should understand that even in uncontrolled airspace, a "Contact me" message needs to be answered. Given visual proof of what you did, and being caught in a lie about receiving clearance from a controller who was not even online, you push forward with the fight and start flinging droppings from your diaper.

Dude, I'm a Hub Manager in ATL, and fly in/out of your airspace often... you'd NEVER ask your controllers to tolerate the game you guys pulled! Whats the point of flying VFR copters across APP lanes in a busy airspace on FNO... just to prove a point that your wee wee is bigger than theirs?

You're a CEO and a ATM. Grow up, act like a responsible member of VATSIM and change your pad...

Tom Seeley
Posted
Posted

I have to agree.

This thread has run its course, and has now degraded to personal argument from folks who should know better.

Much of this "discussion" should have been conducted privately, if at all. VATSIM has ample resources for resolving such matters.

Tom Ferry 942166
Posted
Posted

These type of people were chosen to lead?? Perhaps this forum needs to be locked as this is a pity argument that needs to be addressed between the involved parties not the whole world.

Tom Ferry

Joe Caban 844086
Posted
Posted

Bill,

comical post. get your facts together before you judge me. The SUP denied ever kicking me, did not docomeent it, and says "there was no problem, continue with your VFR flight." If you read the whole thread you'll realize who is lying, bending the truth, and making up excuses.

As for your comments about my making these statements, I have EVERY right. Truth deserves light, I don't have anything to hide so public or not should not be an issue if we are all mature people.

It's when people take things personal and get defensive that the mudslinging starts...and I find it rather amusing that it is so commonly the avenue that people like the ZSE staff take. My post wasn't about ZSE it was about MY VIEW OF FNO and it sucked in ZSE because the ATC was marginal at best! ZAU did an outstanding job. period. This is my view from my experiences there and I have every right to buy a billboard in the middle of times square and broadcast it because it is true. They took it personal and that is their problem.

By the way, WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL ME I AM A) ACTING CHILDISH AND B) LYING? ARE YOU GOD THE ALL KNOWING??? ARE YOU SUPREME COURT JUSTICE MCCOY??? no. you are reading a thread that you have no clue about and making judgements... I WAS THERE! You speak as if you know what was going on and you obviously have 0% clue and 100% ignorant statement.

Fact is the reason AD posted this is because he feels that the proper channels don't work. Same for me.

Regards,

JX