You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

trouble installing FSinn1.2

Jeremy Williams 1020368

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

ok i baught and installed FSX:Deluxe Version. But when i got to install FSinn 1.2 it says i have to check 3 net works to install. What do i do? because i dont really quite understand it. And also is FSinn1.2 all i need to connect to vatsim it FSX?

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

Take a look at the announcement in the FSInn Forum area, "Installing FSInn". It's been submitted to the PRC department and should soon appear there and relieve a lot of confusion.

Looking at the instructions, you'll find the setup and use very easy.

Please post if you have a question after reading the message.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

but the rpc doesnt show what to do when it says pick 3 networks when installing it.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
but the rpc doesnt show what to do when it says pick 3 networks when installing it.

It does on the update. The PRC is outdated. That's why I asked you to take a look at the Announcement. It answers every question you asked plus more.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

can u put the links for all the things i need to download. like a link to fs then to copilot.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
can u put the links for all the things i need to download. like a link to fs then to copilot.

Did you read the Announcement I gave you? The answer to this question is there. Look at the link in the only sentences that has the word download in it, and read the important notes from the developer.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

but i couldnt find where to download fsinn1.3 and fs copilot 1.7. thats what im asking the links for

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

Did you follow the link that said download and read the message from the developer?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

yes man is it too much to ask that u just give me the link to where it literally says on the page download. i mean cmon.

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted
yes man is it too much to ask that u just give me the link to where it literally says on the page download. i mean cmon.

Is it too much to listen to what Larry is telling you, and follow it? I mean come on, man, he's really trying to help you out.

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

i went to the anouncement and when to the links and it only showed u can download FSinn1.2 and FS copilot 1.6, not FSinn 1.3 and FScopilot 1.7

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
i went to the anouncement and when to the links and it only showed u can download FSinn1.2 and FS copilot 1.6, not FSinn 1.3 and FScopilot 1.7

Is this the announcement link you've been going to? http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=20466

Please read two pages that will answer your questions. The announcement link and the link with the word download in it. Please read what the author has presented.

If you read the two messages I'm referencing, all the questions you've already asked plus many that you haven't asked yet will be answered.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljuames

sticky:

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

This is the download link. Please read it.

http://www.mcdu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4363

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

i found them and im dowloading them. ill tell u if i had a road bump

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

ok im totally clueless now. when i go to install FSinn 1.3 it says i have to select 3 networks. and im playing on a lap top right now cause im out of town and i dont think i have enough space for it, but it does say that FSinn 1.3 and FScopilot 1.7 are installed but nothing happens and im getting pretty pissed of because after 2 days im still not flying and visiting new places in multiplayer.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
ok im totally clueless now. when i go to install FSinn 1.3 it says i have to select 3 networks. and im playing on a lap top right now cause im out of town and i dont think i have enough space for it, but it does say that FSinn 1.3 and FScopilot 1.7 are installed but nothing happens and im getting pretty pissed of because after 2 days im still not flying and visiting new places in multiplayer.

I anticipated these questions. That's why I asked you to read the two messages. The first message tell you what to put in the spaces. You can also look at the Flash Tutorial.

I also strongly suggest that you read the PRC. It tells you what to do when you connect to VATSIM.

Again, it appears that you installed the application, but you didn't read the two pages I asked you to read. You're asking lots of questions that are already answered in two pages.

You're telling me that you're frustrated. Imagine how I might feel. I spend hours trying to word that announcement "Installing FSInn" to be as clear as I possibly could be. I had hoped that when someone gets stuck they would read the message rather than having me to retype it over and over again.

When you first asked about FSInn, I gave you the announcement and told you that all the questions you had asked, plus much of your next questions are answered in that page.

You're still asking questions that are in the first page you said you read, and at the same time saying you're frustrated.

If you specify something you read on the page that you don't understand, I'd be glad to explain the part you don't understand. Also, if you read it and tell me what parts are not clear to you, I'd even take the time to try to make it clear for the next person.

Thanks in advance for helping me to help you.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

can u give me the link one more time plz

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
can u give me the link one more time plz

Read the first two Threads in the FSInn Help Forum area. The first one is an announcement that says "Installing FSInn". The second is a sticky that says, "A quick VATSIM Connection Tutorial".

The announcement, Installing FSInn

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=20466

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

whats fsk sp1?

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

sticky:

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

hey the link u just gave me (not the FSp1) doesnt show me what to check in when im installing FSinn1.3

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
hey the link u just gave me (not the FSp1) doesnt show me what to check in when im installing FSinn1.3

Jeremy. I don't understand your question.

To fly on VATSIM, you have to know how to read. I'm not trying to be funny. I'm almost inclined to ask how old are you.

I thought you had read the announcement, which makes reference to FSX SP1. So I gave you the download link on fsinsider.com. You can also find the link in FSX.

AS far as installing FSInn, you have to read the announcement, "Installing FSInn."

You said you spend lots of days trying to connect to VATSIM. There is some expected reading because if you log on to the network and do something against the rules, you might not be able to fly because you might be suspended.

So be prepared for some required reading.

s

I just noticed that you're the one in the previous thread that was looking for software, and I thought you were saying pilot software, but you actually didn't have Flight Simulator. So, it looks like you took me up on my recommendation for FSX after all.

I think you made a good choice, since you can accomeulate addons that you and your FSX environment will grow into rather than grow out of.

Since you followed my FSX recommendation, I fill a sort of obligation to help you get started.

First, there is a lot of repetitious questions and answers in this thread. I'm inclined to ask you to reread this thread for most of your questions. And as the first message I replied to, you haven't asked any question that was not on this link:

Announcement: Installing FSInn

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=20466.

Again, every question you have asked so far, except for where to find FSX SP1 is in that link. Again, the answer to all the questions you've asked is in that link. Please read the link. For your next question, write it on a piece of paper, read the question to yourself, then read that link again. I'm sure the answer will be in that link.

For connecting to VATSIM (using the Software) take a look at:

Flash Tutorial for connecting to VATSIM

http://www.mcdu.com/media/swf/tuto1vatsim.htm

Just before you connect to VATSIM, read this page:

Required Reading - VATSIM/PRC

http://www.vatsim.net/prc/public/publicrr.htm

You might want to practice some of the missions to get familiar with navigating the aircraft, and getting familiar with the controls. Before you attempt to fly on VATSIM, try to be sure you can take off, do a pattern with your Aircraft (my recommendation is the Cessna 172, which will be easier for a new pilot to handle than the jet engine planes.

You're really going to have to be prepared to read and study a lot. If you really like this hobby, that requirement might not be so hard.

I really think that reading that announcement page and doing those simple 4 steps are easy compared to learning how to handle the Aircraft and follow the expected procedures for the Airports.

I'll be glad to answer your questions, but all the software questions are answered in the announcement link I gave you. All your VATSIM procedure questions are answered in the PRC. So most likely I'll give you a link to read for your answers.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

ok ty for sticking with me im going to read it and see if i can get it up. if not ill be back posting whats wrong.

Jeremy Williams 1020368
Posted
Posted

ok FSX is getting too complicated and giving me alot of problems so i think im just gonna do FS2004(i went out and baught it). and with FS2004 do i only have to install sqwuak bow with it? or is there anything else i need to download? and for talking with ATC on vatsim do ppl use teamspeak or does vatsim have like its own talking device on it?

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted

Hi, Jeremy. I'm your local FSX/FSInn expert. Sorry to see you stop when the last message you posted sounded like you were in, and just needed to know what to do when connected.

Anyway, you'll have quiet a few SB3 exports that can take it from where you are now.

You can have both installed at the same time, but you can only use one at a time. And since you're having problems getting started, it might be to your advantage to get one working at a time, to avoid confusion.

Your next questions needs to specify if you're looking for support on SB3 or FSInn, and an appropriate experience user will help you.

Good luck.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky: