You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Connection Problems

Aggrey Ellis 964561

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I tried using VRC to observe and I made sure to put the PC Im using in the DMZ to avert the router firewall and I configured the PC firewall and even turned it off but VRC version check fails, and server list cant be retrieved.The ISP here is a ripoff and has blocked VOIP communication over its DSL line but Im not sure how that would affect the non voice data. I connect and I see no traffic whatsoever but I do get the VATSIM connection message about using your real name when connected.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

Kevin Smith
Posted
Posted

Aggrey, you'll have to load a sector file and set visibility range before you see traffic. Sounds to me like you are getting connected if you get the vatsim message. The ARTCC you are interested in observing will have their sector files for d/l on their websites.

0.png

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

I did load a sector file which I had downloaded and I saw all of the VORS airports and sector file info but no traffic.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png