You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Central Asian Airlines - Update

Peter Wouters 1022538

Peter Wouters 1022538
Posted
Posted

Dear friends,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Peter Wouters, I was born in Belgium and moved to live in Australia in 2004. I am a teacher of Music and French in a school in Wollongong, south of Sydney in New South Wales.

About a year ago, I started a Virtual Airline called Central Asian Airlines. This airline has mainly been focussing on the IVAO network, but we have now decided that the time has come to also introduce ourselves to VATSIM, hoping to see lots of enthusiasm for this VA.

Central Asian Airlines is an airline currently based in Almaty, Kazakhstan (and to a lesser extent also in Astana, Kazakhstan). From there, we fly to a wealth of destinations in Central Asia, mostly in the countries of the former USSR, but also beyond. We serve a range of bigger and smaller cities in Central Asia, rest of Asia, Europe, North America, Africa and Australia.

Last year we managed to close a codeshare deal with Air Belgium. Our daily flight between Brussels and Almaty (operated by Central Asian Airlines) serves as a link between Europe and Central Asia. Air Belgium happily transports our p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers to (mostly) southern Europe, whereas we take their p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers to our destinations in Central Asia and some destinations in the rest of Asia.

Central Asian Airlines also happily announces that we have recently been invited to join the GlobalOne Alliance, an invitation we happily accepted. The GlobalOne Alliance is a new airline alliance that includes airlines such as Air Belgium, Arabian Airlines, Western Virtual Airlines, AeroPeru, and now also Central Asian Airlines. Through this network of the best of the best in the VA business, Central Asian Airlines can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure its p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers that they will be taken care of, no matter where they are in the world.

Central Asian Airlines is a relatively new VA, growing steadily. Just like any other airline, we do require more pilots who have an interest in flying in the beautiful, yet challenging regions of Central Asia and beyond. As our fleet consists of both modern, western aircraft (mainly Fokker and Boeing) as well as older and newer Russian aircraft (Tupolev, Antonov and Ilyushin), there is always something for everyone. This airline was created as an "airline in transition": we launched it with the idea that the airline had already existed for a while, using old Russian aircraft, but is now slowly renewing its fleet to have a completely modernised fleet by 2015.

Central Asia includes mystical countries such as Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Georgia, etc. Most pilots don't ever fly there, because they think that there's nothing much there. I must say though that Flight Simulator (I use FS9) has surprised me with the standard scenery they have for Central Asia! It is absolutely beautiful, with really nice mountain ranges, beautiful lakes, huge deserts, etc. Additionally, there is a stack of freeware add-ons for places such as Almaty, Ashgabat, Tashkent, etc. which makes the flying experience in Central Asia an unforgettable one!

Central Asia's website can be found at http://www.flycentralasian.com and I would like to encourage you to have a look. We are revamping the website a little at the moment, and I am very open to any constructive criticism or help to improve our service to the VA world.

I will soon also advertise a few staff positions that will become available. Should you be interested in working for Central Asian Airlines, then I would love to hear from you!

In the mean time, thank you all for your interest, and please let me know what you think of my (humble) VA, which I hope will grow into the biggest (and maybe only?) VA in Central Asia.

All the best for now,

Peter Wouters

CEO - Central Asian Airlines

centralasianlogosmall.gif