You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Opinion of Saitek Flight Pro yoke & throttle Quadrant

Ken Bonnett

Ken Bonnett
Posted
Posted

the Saitek Flight Pro yoke and throttle quadrant. Latest price is $149.95. Does it work as well as it looks?

Braden Nope 1023341
Posted
Posted

I don't own it, but I do know Saitek things work very well.

Andre Campbell 970821
Posted
Posted

Out of EVERYONE I know that has that joystick, they say it was great. They say it is worth every penny. I don't think there are many people that will hate em.

aircanadalogocopy.jpg

www.vacanada.org - proper virtual airline

www.thecubehost.com - proper web hosting

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

having the Saitek X52 i can say go for it,

it's great.

also,next time,say which type you mean,Saitek makes lots of throttles and yokes.

cheers

Tom

f1cert.gif

Ken Bonnett
Posted
Posted
also,next time,say which type you mean,Saitek makes lots of throttles and yokes.

Flight Pro is its name. Also, Saitek is coming out with rudder pedals that look great. Check out the Pilot Shop link on flightsim.com.

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

never heard of it,

but,judging my X52 Flight control system it too should be great.

cheers

Tom.

f1cert.gif

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

I bought the joystick and throttle combo X52 which I have used now and then with military jets and works very well.

However for heavy iron I prefer the CH Yoke to the joystick and have configured the X52 throttle to replace that in the yoke.

Whichever way you go the X52 will give you very good performance.

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Highly recomend it man. One of the best.

Joshua Black

Ryan Justesen 890220
Posted
Posted

Ken,

It seems some of the folks here may have misinterpreted your question. The Pro Flight yoke is set to release at the end of August, so I doubt anyone here is able to provide you with feedback just yet.

All, this is the product in question:

http://saitekusa.stores.yahoo.net/proflyosy.html

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted

What I don't understand is, if this is supposed to be a captains yoke (ie, the left side), why is there an AP disco button on the right horn?

Norm Hare 907837
Posted
Posted
What I don't understand is, if this is supposed to be a captains yoke (ie, the left side), why is there an AP disco button on the right horn?

Because it's not real...

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted

Because it's not real...

That's correct, but if I'm going to pay $150 (Or whatever it is), I want it to be realistic. Hell, I could just as easily buy a real yoke, and wire it myself, for a lot less than I'd pay for this.

Tim Krajcar
Posted
Posted

Great. When you're done, I'll take one. Let me know when you're ready to ship.

Tim Krajcar

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted
Great. When you're done, I'll take one. Let me know when you're ready to ship.

How much are you willing to pay?

Tim Krajcar
Posted
Posted

"A lot less than $150". Not counting shipping.

Tim Krajcar

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted
"A lot less than $150". Not counting shipping.

Not gonna happen.

Tim Krajcar
Posted
Posted

Well, what happened to this?

Hell, I could just as easily buy a real yoke, and wire it myself, for a lot less than I'd pay for this.

Tim Krajcar

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted

I said I could make one for less, not sell it for less.

• 3 months later...
Jack Well 1024130
Posted
Posted

Let me know what you can build

Charles Farley
Posted
Posted

I think it's time for a new controll. I've used the Microsoft Sidewinder pro for about 4 years now, and the ball joint is wearing thin. The Saitek looks nice.

3151.png

Rodney Aylmore 944715
Posted
Posted

I own the X52. AS a device it works GREAT but i've had several issues with drivers over the year i've had it. I find it insensitive for flying iron, but with a bit of tweaking it goes great.

AS for the Pro Flight yoke, i think a CH will serve you better.

Regards

Ken Bonnett
Posted
Posted

I purchased both the Flight Pro yoke and pedals. Overall, they're great; I've been pleased. The yoke is spring loaded to the neutral position. It rotates only about 45 degrees in both directions. No button or rocker switch can be programmed as a push-to-talk button in Squawkbox (bummer!). Programming within Flight Sim is a challenge. You must refer to both the included instruction manual and from the Saitek website. They could've been written better for easier installation and setup. The driver CD is included; both yoke and pedals are PnP. The prop pitch control won't work intially; the first input must be done from the keyboard after engine startup for the turboprop, unless I'm missing something. The graduations for the power lever position and the guage(s) don't jibe. I haven't tried other aircraft yet.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
No button or rocker switch can be programmed as a push-to-talk button in Squawkbox (bummer!).

Apologies if I'm telling you what you already know, but if you have a registered version of FSUIPC, you can map any yoke button to your SB3 PTT key.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ryan Justesen 890220
Posted
Posted
I purchased both the Flight Pro yoke and pedals. Overall, they're great; I've been pleased. The yoke is spring loaded to the neutral position. It rotates only about 45 degrees in both directions. No button or rocker switch can be programmed as a push-to-talk button in Squawkbox (bummer!). Programming within Flight Sim is a challenge. You must refer to both the included instruction manual and from the Saitek website. They could've been written better for easier installation and setup. The driver CD is included; both yoke and pedals are PnP. The prop pitch control won't work intially; the first input must be done from the keyboard after engine startup for the turboprop, unless I'm missing something. The graduations for the power lever position and the guage(s) don't jibe. I haven't tried other aircraft yet.

Agreed the manual could be better. However, I had no problem getting PTT or prop pitch to work using the Saitek software. It sounds like the prop pitch might be an aircraft specific issue. Which aircraft are you using?

Ken Bonnett
Posted
Posted

I'm flying the TBM 700. Thanks for the info on FSUIPC and SB3.