You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Australian Enroute charts

Michael Tumbi 1023452

Michael Tumbi 1023452
Posted
Posted

I have been downloading some SID/STAR charts from AirServices Australia's Web Site, but cannot find any en-route charts which show airways etc. Can anyone please advise where I can get these?

Thanks ... Michael

Dominic Manning 811381
Posted
Posted

They are not avalible online as yet. I belive some VTC's are online, but are in 3D form (so you can see the airspace steps from all angles) and not able to printed as "charts".

You can however obtain old charts from your local aviation community. Ask the local flying school or charter operator for the outdated charts.

Private pilots may also have some charts.

Now sure when the next update comes thru, but they occur every 5-6 months. In anycase, it's best if you hunt around now and ask for them. Some may have kept the old copies and in the very least they'll know to not throw them out at the next update.

In the mean time, open VRC or ASRC with the Aust sector files, you can view the airways with them. Not perfect, but better then nothing.

Michael Tumbi 1023452
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much Dominic for the great reply. I am new to all this but I did download ASRC the other day. I have yet to install it, so guess what I will be doing this evening?

If all else fails, I'll go see how much it costs to buy some new charts.

Thanks again Dominic... Michael

Matthew Dorahy
Posted
Posted

Michael, give ASRC a miss and get VRC from www.metacraft.com/vrc . Its newer and has more features. You'll need the sector files for Australia from VATPAC at http://www.vatpac.org/sectors/

Matt

Dominic Manning 811381
Posted
Posted

Plus VRC has the TAAATS display (the Aust radar system).