You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRoute not compatible with Firefox?

Paul Colder

Paul Colder
Posted
Posted

Tonight I installed Vroute (and Microsoft-NET). The Vroute programme starts, but I can not use it, because the verification tool to VATSIM

wants to start up IE and I have only Firefox on my computer.

I can hardly imagine this, but is it possible that VROUTE is not compatible with Firefox?

Paul

Michael Bonertz 966129
Posted
Posted

I use vroute and firefox. Have had no problems. Just make sure that firefox is set as the default web browser.

Michal Rok
Posted
Posted

Vroute is compatible with Firefox in a way that they don't do harm to each other. It doesn't actively use Firefox, because Microsoft programming tools that I use are specifically designed to operate with IE. Re-writing vroute.info to work properly on computers without IE is a 6-month project with I don't plan to start, because there's been so far 4 people who have completely uninstalled IE out of 12.000 users of vroute.info.

Michal

vroute.net founder

Paul Colder
Posted
Posted

Indeed I have IE fully un-installed. I also deleted Outlook, Mediaplayer, Frontpage, MSN etc as this has quite a positive impact

on the start-up time of my computer and the overall smoothness of the system.

But if it takes such a lot of time for you to adjust for Firefox-only users, than I respect your position.

Paul