You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vFTC....Finally Here!

Justin A. Martin

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Okay, I know you guys have wanted it for a while now, and it's finally here! The Virtual Flight Training Center!

The vFTC is a Training Center, run by a group of real world pilots, including myself, that is designed to train VA's pilots, and than send them back to fly for the VA. Remember, we are NOT a Virtual Airline. This is designed to relieve VAs. We will train them, and we offer real world-like training to get you up and flying on VATSIM.

The link is http://www.virtualflighttraining.com. We currently have a few staff positions open:

vFTC Chief Instructor:

-Requires AT LEAST 1,000 hrs on the VATSIM network

-Must hold an ATC rating of C3 or higher on VATSIM

-Must p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] a checkride

-Must have an overall understanding of all commercial procedures, maneuvers, etc.

-Recommended to have real world experience (NOT Required)

-Must have sense of leadership

vFTC [Mod - Happy Thoughts]t. Chief Instructor:

-Requires AT LEAST 250 hrs on the VATSIM network

-Must hold an ATC rating of S3 or greater on VATSIM

-Must p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] a checkride

-Must be willing to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist in any necessary jobs given to him/her by the Chief Instructor

-Must have a sense of leadership

-Must be able to relate to and help the CFIs and CFIIs when necessary

If you would like to apply for any of these positions, please contact me at [email protected]

Remember VAs, this is not a VA, this is here to help you and help all the not so experienced new pilots out there!

(It's also free )

Thanks,

Justin Martin

Director of Human Resources

vFlight Training Center

Kyle Steever 810905
Posted
Posted

Not to jump your junk, but I think that you'd get better results posting this in the general pilots forum unless you're going to train in the US only?

vZME Air Traffic Manager

userbar474384ny4.gif

... --- ... ... --- ...

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

First of all, we are starting off training US procedures and in the US. However, we also posted it in the Pilot Talk forum.

JM

Kyle Steever 810905
Posted
Posted

Oops, missed it there. My bad

vZME Air Traffic Manager

userbar474384ny4.gif

... --- ... ... --- ...

Pedro Maltez 822969
Posted
Posted

This will be aweseome as I am planning to get back into flightsimming soon, in the next couple of months. Once I get FSX, new headset/hardware, etc.

I haven't flightsimmed for a really long time 1.5yrs + and I'm really looking to bring my old hobby back to life. The feeling of flying realistacally over the VATSIM network is just a wonderful experience, and I can't tell you how much I miss it.

I will definitely sign up for training as I will need it. I can't wait.

What type of training do you provide? Can you give us some details please. Thank You.

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Interesting idea and good on ya for trying something like this.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the requirement "No Misconduct on the VATSIM Network in the last 12 months". What exactly is a misconduct and how do you plan on determining if/how someone had a misconduct?

Ian Elchitz

Just a guy without any fancy titles

David Reimer 913748
Posted
Posted

The only thing I'm concerned about is the requirement "No Misconduct on the VATSIM Network in the last 12 months". What exactly is a misconduct and how do you plan on determining if/how someone had a misconduct?

Look it up on the Staff's Website.

signiture.jpg

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Look it up on the Staff's Website.

Sorry I'm not sure your response has helped me.

Ian Elchitz

Kyle Steever 810905
Posted
Posted

I don't know how they would get access to that unless they had George Papanikolopoulos tell them that particular users information. Any other distribution of that persons disciplinary record would result in that persons removal from their access to those servers, as well as potential removal of supervisor privileges (if they possess any).

vZME Air Traffic Manager

userbar474384ny4.gif

... --- ... ... --- ...

Aaron Flodin 878523
Posted
Posted

Quick question guys...Are all of people that you have labled "CFI/I MEI" real world flight instructors? Just wondering if that is a rating scale that you are using within the flight program there, or if they are based on real world FAA ratings.....

Cheers,

AF

DPE / CFI / CFII / MEI (Gold Seal)

CP-ASEL, AMEL, IA, GLIDER, E170/175/190/195, CE-500

VATSIM Supervisor

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

VATSIM would not be able to comment to a third party on anything related to misconduct and a person's past record. That information is kept in the strictest confidence at all times. We could neither confirm nor deny a person's past record on VATSIM. That will be a difficult provision to enfore for you. Also, don't you want those who have had an issue to be able to come to you to learn how to do it right?

Kyle Ramsey

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted
Not to jump your junk, but I think that you'd get better results posting this in the general pilots forum unless you're going to train in the US only?

This already happens in the UK by VATUk members, there are alot of differences worldwide so remaining within the areas of expertise initially would prudent

non-discript self importance signature

Andrew Doubleday
Posted
Posted

Very Nobel idea... I'm glad someone is attempting to step to the plate. For that I sincerely thank you!

Andrew James Doubleday | Twitch Stream: Ground_Point_Niner

University of North Dakota | FAA Air Traffic Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) GraduateGPN_Horizontal_-_Tertiary.thumb.png.9d7edc4d985ab7ed1dc60b92a5dfa85c.png

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

Okay, just to get to a few quesions:

As of right now we are only training out of KLZU, however we have some other VFR cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] D or higher towers that you can expect to be in use soon....

No, all of our CFIs are not real world instructors, however our chief instructor is. All of our instructors have real world flight experience accept for one.

We have filled our Chief and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]t. Cheif Instructor positions

Thanks,

JM

Pedro Maltez 822969
Posted
Posted

Justin just curious, and sorry to ask again, but I did not see it posted on the site.

What type of training are you offering. How will you go about it, etc. Thank You.

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

There is really too much in that field to even begin to explain. We are basing everything out of the AIM. But, we will teach you from Private Pilot all the way up to ATP and MEI.

Thanks,

Justin

Pedro Maltez 822969
Posted
Posted

Great, thanks. What I wanted to know. I'm excited there is actually going to be a virtual flight training program. Can't wait to start training, when the time comes of course.

Kyle McDuffee 874569
Posted
Posted

To answer the question about the misconduct, that was an initial item we had put on there back before the public release. This is a new field we're walking into here, so we were testing the waters on whatever idea came up. The conduct requirement is being thrown out of the policies at this time. Don't worry, we weren't sure how we were going to know about people's records either. It was just an idea at the time. Thanks for the concern though. We're always open for suggestions or comments.

To update everyone, at the moment, we have brought in a total of 45 pilots in a little less than a week. Most of the applicants have been Student Pilots seeking the Private Pilot course. We do not have all of the training courses together at this time, so no one has begun training yet. We will be working hard to release the Private Pilot course by next week. All of those who are already on the roster will get priority on Instructor [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments. If you haven't applied yet and wish to, please feel free. We are always accepting students.

We are also in need of CFI, CFII, or MEIs. If you meet the requirements posted in our forums and wish to help, please contact Justin Martin at [email protected] to apply for a position. You will also need to fill out the application located under Join Us. We hope to be completely operational soon and begin training pilots daily. Thanks for the patience! If you have any questions/concerns, please direct them to Kyle McDuffee at [email protected] .

Kyle McDuffee

Director of Flight Operations

vFlight Training Center

Ian Elchitz 810151
Posted
Posted

Kyle - thanks for responding it is much appreciated.

I think the idea is excellent and hope everything goes great.

Ian Elchitz

• 2 weeks later...
Kyle McDuffee 874569
Posted
Posted

Just to give everyone who is interested a little update on things. We're currently a little delayed on getting fully operational due to lack of available time. We're trying our best to get the Private Course going as it seems to be the most popular requested course. That also being said, we are still looking for Instructor Applicants for mainly CFI and/or MEI. We have plenty of CFIIs. However, that doesn't matter as much because they both would be accepted. We all are very excited to get this plan into action. Although, there has been some frustration as to what has been going on in the past few weeks since our release. Rest [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ured, all of the staff members are working to get each item on the agenda completed. We all want to make sure that our material and way of operating is of the highest quality before proceeding. Thanks for your patience and there will be more to come in the following week!

Kyle McDuffee

Director of Flight Operations

vFlight Training Center