You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Thinking of flying in Asia? There's no better time

Paul O'Donnell 969350

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

Well as the title says. There's no better time to fly in Asia than the 8th September 1000Z-1500Z.

centers.jpg

Information can be found here: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=22468

or at the Eastern Wind event website

Additional ATC includes:

Bangkok Control

Ho Chi Minh Control

Shanghai Control

Guangzhou Control

Kota Kinabalu Control

Indonesia have some changes to the ICAO codes. WAAZ_CTR (Ujung Pandang Control) will be online which comprises of WRRZ, WAAZ and WABZ.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

Just wanna add a little note here...there's a possibility that Beijing control will also be staffed. So come and try some domestic flights if you're interested.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Director | Hong Kong VACC

Yvan Ung 987353
Posted
Posted

EDIT: Count me out of the control tower, I failed the first time. I know, ATC entry tests get harder and harder every time. And I think it is best to give my dream of controlling that remote airport up...

Regards,

Yvan Ung

Come pilot the longest and sharpest flying pencils of the online world!

China Eastern Virtual

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

Dont be too hard on yourself Yvan, don't give up that dream just yet. Have another go at your S1 test.

You never know, this time next month you could be controlling VVTS_TWR. If you need any help or have any questions, drop me a message and I'll try my best to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

• 1 month later...
Luke Eng 887900
Posted
Posted

Hi Paul,

It's my first time here. I am interested in flying Asia, particularly the Singapore hub, on short hop between S'pore & Phuket. Please let me know when is a good time. Thanks in advance.

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted
Hi Paul,

It's my first time here. I am interested in flying Asia, particularly the Singapore hub, on short hop between S'pore & Phuket. Please let me know when is a good time. Thanks in advance.

Hi Luke,

The best time to get ATC would be the weekends, most likely around 0800Z-1500Z you'll see some ATC online. There was quite abit of ATC online over the weekend just been, for the VATIND event and also a fly out with pilots flying the A380.

During the weekdays, I'd say the best time to find ATC would be around 1200Z-1500Z.

I've been rather busy recently so I've not been too active online nor up to date with VATSIM.

What sort of time do you usually fly online? or what time would be best suited for you?

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

I will provide Tower at Singapore, just PM me when!

Celestyn Chmielewski

Proud to be member of British Airways Virtual!

CelestynChmielewskiSignature4.png

Luke Eng 887900
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Paul & Celestyn. I have been wanting to try VATSIM since I have never done it before. Normally, I would only fly on weekends. Even on weekends, I only have time for a short hop, 1-2 hour the most. However, I will make the effort this weekend for a little experiment.

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

Hi Luke, I see you live in NY, so the best time to fly in Asia for that time zone would be weekends which would suit you.

India has a few short hops, Singapore offers a few to Malaysia, Indonesia. They are under 1-2hours. Vietnam and Manilla are just over 2 hours away from Singapore. Vietnam is staffed regularly with a TWR controller. Bangkok is a good flight from and to Ho Chi Minh (VVTS). Bangkok is sometimes staffed on the weekends by some visiting controllers. Hong Kong to Taipei is a popular short route favoured by some of the HK controllers.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Luke Eng 887900
Posted
Posted

Hi Paul,

I am anxious to get things working but it seems that neither SB3 nor FSInn is cooperating with my system here. After logging on VATSIM and logging off, I had problem restarting FS9. It freezes every time. Even resetting it to default did not help. Finally this morning, I had to re-install FS9 from scratch and tried again. Same thing happened. At this point, I am still looking for a solution.

Luke Eng 887900
Posted
Posted

Finally, it's fixed. It was my video card driver. I will give it a trial this weekend.