You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

When is the next Heathrow Real operations event.

Robbie Garrett

Robbie Garrett
Posted
Posted

Just wondered when it is

Regards,

Robbie

Qualified Private Pilot with @ London Biggin Hill Airport!

websignature3.jpg

Visit our Concorde Legacy website, or our Facebook Page

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

This is the Special Operations section of the forum, mainly military VA's and special operation flying groups here.

You might be best asking that question in the UK section, or better still. Ask it on the VATUK forum, in the Captial RTS section. Controllers there should be able to tell you if there is going to be one.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Aggrey Ellis 964561
Posted
Posted

Heathrow Real Ops. I would hate to see how many disconnects I would get at that one.

ZLA I11

VATCAF S1

et_1.png

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

This wont happen, well not in the immediate future, the planning to achieve this is immense to say the least, as well as getting all the controllers to carry out this feat. it has been talked about, BUT every time the subject arises it is soon quashed do to the complexity of this event

non-discript self importance signature

Robbie Garrett
Posted
Posted

Why is that it's a brilliant idea.

Regards,

Robbie

websignature3.jpg

Alan Sutherland
Posted
Posted

Hello Robbie,

This is an event I would like to run in the future but it is still a long way off. How can we have an event at Heathrow when so few people actually man the position (thanks for all the controllers who do man Heathrow)? Also we need to practice with a few smaller events to get the coordination correct. Manning Heathrow does not only require Heathrow to be manned but also London TMA which when fully manned will generate a lot of traffic. This in turn requires support from other major ATC units in the London TMA otherwise TMA could easily get too busy to handle.

I am hoping that in the next few weeks we will have a small scale Heathrow event.

Thanks

Alan

Alan Sutherland

ROvACC Training Director

VATEUD TD vACC Support Manager

[email protected]

Robbie Garrett
Posted
Posted

Hello alan im not boss of this place and i will in all my knowlege Create this event for October, November let's say and maybe we can put this on before the years is out.

Im Not saying NO TO SOMETHING THIS COOL.

I Promise i will deliver the good's This event will be on This YEAR That's Correct 2007

This is my idea and the system's we can put in place and the organization into such an event that will put vatsim and leave a smile on everyone's face.

Please Refer to my post Below.

====================================================================================

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=23085

Regards,

Robbie

websignature3.jpg

Adam Walker
Posted
Posted

Robbie,

Alan is the 'boss' at Heathrow. As he says it isnt a case of just making a website, trying to sort out controllers etc and making sure they know what they are doing and also making sure they are ready for such traffic. Its no fun having an event which annoys everyone.

Adam Walker

Robbie Garrett
Posted
Posted

I understand that but i will help him with all my Knowledge and idea's

Regards,

Robbie

websignature3.jpg

• Board of Governors
Simon Irvine
Posted
Posted

Robbie

I really admire your enthusiasm for an event like this at Heathrow however there are no plans for an all day event at Heathrow in the coming months.

There will be individual events happening at Heathrow during this month and next but not a real ops.

I would advise you to contact Glen Watson, the UK's Event Manager, to ask about events at Heathrow.

Simon Irvine

VP Europe, Middle East and Africa Region