You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Creating own atis sounds set

Dominik Krasnewski 938562

Dominik Krasnewski 938562
Posted
Posted

Hello. First of all I want to say thank you for that great software.

I've got little problem with creating own atis sounds set. The wav files must have this properties: 'At this moment only 7350 Hz sample rate 16 bits signed mono PCM files are accepted'. But when I tried create wav file as this properties using audacity, my record becoming longer (e.g from 1 sec to 6 secs.) and I can hear any word which i recored... Any solutions?

rgrds

Peter Selmeci 811548
Posted
Posted

Hello Dominik,

I have used CoolEdit2000 and that saved the .wav with these properties without making any difference in the length/quality/etc.

As I remember audacity did not work properly for me either...

Peter

• 7 months later...
Robin van den Honert 10373
Posted
Posted

the problem with the Atis function i have is that i don't know the list that you must create in order to make the full ATIS... it can't be found on google or this forum...

So i'm thus sticking to VRC for the time being...

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

There are two possibilities. If you intend to generate the ATIS manually by klicking/setting the individual pieces, there is no list for the files. You create the parts You need.

If You want to use a generator like http://www.uniatis.net You need to check the generator for the parts that are used in the template. If there is no template for your country yet, You need to talk to your VACC to have someone taking care for the template. Your VACC needs to get in contact with the developer of the generator to organize the creation of the template.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Robin van den Honert 10373
Posted
Posted

i find the lack of information on the creation of your personal ATIS a bit of a shame. ES is an amazing client! Just a bit more work to figure out then VRC but more attractif then ACSR and VRC!

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Hm ... with all due respect, there is no lack of information nor is it a shame. It simply works a different way than it does in VRC.

The content of the ATIS is nothing the client or the developers are responsible for. That's within the responsibility of each VACC. The ES docomeentation contains a large chapter on how the ATIS works and which possibilities can be used (single file/multi file/multi file with external generator). I know when coming from VRC it might be difficult to get used to it. But there isn't much more information we could provide. You as a controller need to know the content of your ATIS. That's something you should learn in your ATC training. Then You use that knowledge to build the ATIS with ES by checking the UserGuide.

The details of the external generators can not really be part of the ES UserGuide, as they are developed by different people who provide their own support. So does Sami for UniATIS, and if You or someone from your VACC contacts him about the template, he will be very helpful when creating the template. But You need to do the initial step to provide a template.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Robin, the easiest step you can do is to re-record the Hungarian atis from the ES install package (ES folder => atis), to fit your desires.

But I stand behind Stephan, on the question of information, true there are some minor missed things, like some key command and something like that, but the overhaul info is as good as it can be.