You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Chat-Handling

Stephan Boerner 945550

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

I'm just experimenting a bit with ES, and I experienced some strange way of chat-handling by Euroscope. Is it a bug or a feature that everytime someone writes or says anything on your frequency ES switches the chat back to your frequency, no matter if your just writing something in another chat? That's actually quite annoying, as it always interrupts the workflow, and most time You just don't realise it and the text gets sent where it wasn't supposed to be.

Any chance to get a different handling on that?

Regards

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Stephan,

It sounds very strange and surely not a feature. ES changes to the frequency chat TAB only if you click on the frequency or you press the FREQ key (default is numpad *) and no other times. If a new frequency message comes you should see that the color of the TAB handler is changed and probably you see the message itself on the top of the screen (if the display of the incoming frequency messages are allowed).

I will take a look after it. And would be nice if others can also confirm this.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Thanks

numpad * didn't work as well, I tried that too, and it also happened, that the chat didn't scroll on its own when someone was writing in the private chat after I scrolled manually by using page up/down. Couldn't see any reason for that, either.

Stephan Boerner

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Stephan,

I am just wondering that if the numpad * does not work that somehow in your machine the default value for the FREQ key is different. Can you go to the general settings dialog and explicitly set the FREQ and the ASEL buttons?

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Oh, with FREQ key you meant the PTT. Ok, that's right Ctrl for me and that works. Now I get it. So what you're saying is, that the PTT/FREQ key is supposed to pull the frequency to the front? I don't think that's a very good idea. Especially when you're working with heavy traffic, it might be necessary to do some multi tasking like talking to pilots and simultaniously write something to other controllers.

That's a similar issue like, that you're not able to chat/write something on the frequency when you have the flightplan-editor open. Would be handy not to block chat by the editor.

Stephan Boerner

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

FREQ key (as default the numeric STAR keyboard)

First of all it opens your primary frequency chat window. If the command line is not empty (e.g.: a message to a pilot is written in there) then it sends the command line content to the primary frequency, addressing the message to the selected aircraft.

The Push To Talk buttons are used to transmit voice to the connected voice channels. It is not necessary but highly recommended to set different buttons for primary and secondary voice transmit.

Wiki

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Never realized that I set the PTT key under voice setup and the one under general settings is another one. That explains a lot ...

Stephan Boerner