You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Open File Errors

Opher Ben Peretz 882232

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Hello,

1. ES fails to open the Airline file, looking for it on drive C, whereas the program was installed on drive D.

2. ES fails to open the Airspace file, looking for it on drive G, whereas MSFS9/ FSNAV are installed on drive D.

Thanks.

Regards, Opher Ben Peretz

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Peter Selmeci 811548
Posted
Posted

Hello Opher,

You may simply open them manually, then with a "save all settings" it will remember their place.

in the menubar: OPEN SCT -> Load ICAO Airlines data and OPEN SCT -> Load ICAO Airspace data and show ES the place where your ICAO_Airlines.txt and ICAO_Airports.txt files are.

Peter

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Perfect! thanks.

Hello Opher,

You may simply open them manually, then with a "save all settings" it will remember their place.

in the menubar: OPEN SCT -> Load ICAO Airlines data and OPEN SCT -> Load ICAO Airspace data and show ES the place where your ICAO_Airlines.txt and ICAO_Airports.txt files are.

Peter

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

The problem is still there. All runways are coupled to airports, and all required airports are included in the sectorfile AIRPORT section. Still, the program issues the "airport not in sectorfile" error message.

p.s. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, still please try to help, thanks.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Peter Selmeci 811548
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Oh, then I misunderstood it. Loading in these two txt files are not related to this problem. These two txt files only work as a database for decoding airport and airline codes. What you need Opher is a correct sector file. Oh... I have an idea... I think you forgot to edit the sector file... check this: http://www.euroscope.hu/wiki/index.php?page=Quick_Start HOW TO USE EXISTING SECTOR AND POSITION FILES section!!! You might be missing the airport names at the end of each line.

Tell me please if you could get over the problem.

Peter

Ps: Just saw this thread: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=23205 Roman seems to have solved the problem!

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Servus Peter,

the .sct end .ese files were modified correctly as directed in your literature prior to connecting, but still no ability to create ATIS in the connect dialog.

Hello,

What you need Opher is a correct sector file. Oh... I have an idea... I think you forgot to edit the sector file... check this: http://www.euroscope.hu/wiki/index.php?page=Quick_Start HOW TO USE EXISTING SECTOR AND POSITION FILES section!!! You might be missing the airport names at the end of each line.

Tell me please if you could get over the problem.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Opher,

Please send me the sectorfiles (SCT and ESE) to [email protected] and I will take a look. Also a short description how and what did you do so I can repeat it.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gergely, solved.

Opher,

Please send me the sectorfiles (SCT and ESE) to [email protected] and I will take a look. Also a short description how and what did you do so I can repeat it.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg