You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"Lonesome pilot" Can't see any other on-line plan

Bertrand Levaux 830193

Bertrand Levaux 830193
Posted
Posted

Hello to everybody,

After 3 years not flying on Vatsim, I consider myself like a Newbie, everything has changed so much...

Ok, now, everything seems to work fine and i had the pleasure to make a small on-line flight last W/E. But....

I do not see the others... no where... enabling the risk ,I believe, to have an accident while "holding short" of a runway for exemple if i go too far and crash into someone else holding short..

Any Idea on what shall I do to see the others??

many thanks in advance...

P.S. I did register my FSUIPC yet... and in SQBX I did set the "multi-player range" at 40NM.

Joonas Hakkinen 844485
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, sure I don't need to ask you if you used ServInfo to see that there actually is other traffic besides you?-) Can you give some more information, please. Like where were you flying, what sim did you use, etc.

If you used FS2004 without SBRelay, I'd say you'll get the network without any traffic. SBRelay is a small program that goes between your SB and FS2004 (you connect SB to SBRelay and FS2004 to SBRelay). It can be downloaded here.

Hope this helps you a bit!

EDIT: typo

b[Mod - Happy Thoughts]e @ IRCnet

http://b[Mod - Happy Thoughts]e.fi/

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

You can as well use Vatsim "VISUAL DISPLAY" to see if you're there, you should appear in one minute after connect.

If not, look in origo i.e. Lat 0 Long 0. Some airplane goes there because of a fault.

Lennart Vedin SAS202

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Joonas, good point. But also, Bertrand you might have not installed a (CSL) Common Shape Library to display visual aircraft while you're flying?

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Joonas Hakkinen 844485
Posted
Posted
You can as well use Vatsim "VISUAL DISPLAY" to see if you're there, you should appear in one minute after connect.

If not, look in origo i.e. Lat 0 Long 0. Some airplane goes there because of a fault.

Which can be corrected in Windows' Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options, clicking the Customize button and changing Decimal symbol to . (a dot).

Ali, to my knowledge, SB by default installs some aircraft models so that other CSL is not required(?). At least I've always just installed SB and that's it. Other planes appear as very rough things, but they still do appear.

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> Which can be corrected in Windows' Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options

Must just say thanks for posting the solution. At last !

> CSL is not required

It's also my experience, CSL is not needed to see airplanes, just to make them appear correct.

Lennart Vedin SAS202

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

No, if you are at 0N 0E it's not the regional settings, it's the missing squawkbox code in FSUIPC.

If you use , instead of . as decimal separator you are somewhere else than where you should be but usually within 20-100nm and not at 0E 0N...

Luca

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

• > No, if you are at 0N 0E it's not the regional settings, it's the missing squawkbox code in FSUIPC.

OK very well. I don't have this problem myself, but can you explane people in details how to fix it.

I heard some one fix it by registry FSUIPC, while most could not fix it by registry FSUIPC.

There is still a lot people couldn't manage this issue.

Lennart Vedin SAS202

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

It's explained very well here:

http://www.vatsim.net/prc

Bye, Luca

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Bertrand Levaux 830193
Posted
Posted

Many Thanks to all of you :Luca, Lennart, Ali, Joonas.

Ok I see other a/crft now but i still have 3 questions... (oops)

Why do they almost all appear "all white" (exept few of them)?

Why these "white" a/crfts seem to be 10 feet to low... partly "in" the ground?

Why my FsNavigator, sometimes show me the other a/crft and sometime not?

And the "3b" question is I received a message like "your a/crft will not appear clearly because you don't have the CSL file" (something like that...) BUT ONLY when i imported a Flight Plan from FSNavigator to Squawkbox...?

I am sorry for all these questions.... I apologize and thank in advance the one who will take time to give me idea's...

Joonas Hakkinen 844485
Posted
Posted

And the "3b" question is I received a message like "your a/crft will not appear clearly because you don't have the CSL file" (something like that...) BUT ONLY when i imported a Flight Plan from FSNavigator to Squawkbox...?

You must have the CSL_ICAO.csv file (by default found in SB's installation directory, eg. C:\Program Files\SquawkBox\) in the folder where your flightplan is saved in, for SB looks for it there. The solution would be either to copy the CSL_ICAO.csv to the folder where you save FSNav flightplans, or save your FSNav flightplans in SB's installation directory.

The other problems you have... I never had them myself, but try this first, and it might fix the other two problems as well

Bertrand Levaux 830193
Posted
Posted

Many thanks Joonas I'lltry that and willkeepyou informedwhenever it fix my problem.

Bertrand Levaux 830193
Posted
Posted

Dear Joonas,

You are smart! You were right and I copied the csl_icao files in almost .....all the sub-directories of fs9. Just to be sure the system founds it wherever it looks for it...

And as for my #3 question, I just understood (yes, it happens to me sometimes, even to belgians LOL) that I had to "multiplayer connect" in FSNAV everytime I start a new session.

Many thanks to you and all the others who took bit of their time to help me.

It is so rare to meet nice and altruistic poeple those day's.

I address to all of you my season's greeting from Belgium.

See you in the sky.

(I apologize for possible mistakes Engl. is not my native language)