You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

DUPE

Earl Miller

Earl Miller
Posted
Posted

Gergely,

When I begin track on an AC or an AC shows up in my airport. For the first few minutes I can't 'track' and the word 'Dupe' is above their call sign. Then for some reason, 'un to me, it goes away and all is fine.

You folks have made a great program and the more one operates it the more I like it.

Guys like you make our world a lot more fun to be in,

Thanks,

Earl

Earl Miller

ZLC_ARTCC / MTN073

Euroscope Development Team.

Dare to fly the Rocky Mountains.

James O Grady 904153
Posted
Posted

DUPE means that aircraft is squawking a duplicate squawk to another aircraft, once you get them to squawk a new squawk that is not in use by another aircraft, DUPE will go away.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Earl,

Seamus is right about the meaning of DUPE. But what does it mean that you can not track it? Do you get any message when you start tracking?

An idea: Are you sure that the aircraft you try to track is inside your visual range? EuroScope displays the planes outside your range too. They have a rotated square sign (indicating that no primary radar signal is received). And of course you can not track them.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Earl Miller
Posted
Posted
Earl,

But what does it mean that you can not track it? Do you get any message when you start tracking?

An idea: Are you sure that the aircraft you try to track is inside your visual range? EuroScope displays the planes outside your range too. They have a rotated square sign (indicating that no primary radar signal is received). And of course you can not track them.

Gergely,

I'm Approach, 149 nm range, have already worked several AC. AC shows up on my tarmac. I can read their tag & flt pln. When I start to track is tells me at command line "cannot process simulated aircraft". About 1 minute I can track. 1 DUPE I got the warning "can't process".

I was thinking the AC had to tune your Freq' or lag between servers used. I handled 14 aircraft. 3 came in as DUPEs and did change, now you say, when SQK'd.

Thanks Again,

Earl

Earl Miller

ZLC_ARTCC / MTN073

Euroscope Development Team.

Dare to fly the Rocky Mountains.

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

I had once (I am sorry I didn't make screenshot) two aircrafts with SQs 6102 and 6103 and on zoom-in with the mouse scroll the two suddenly showed as DUPE, I checked the SQ of both of them and the were different. 1-2 minutes later the DUPE disappeared. Haven't got it since then and can't reproduce it.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Earl,

"cannot process simulated aircraft" is the message when you try to track an AC that has no promary radar signal and displayed only based on the flight plan. But there should not be one inside your range.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer