You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I can't get connected to the VATSIM servers. Help!

Gary Harris Ii 893787

Gary Harris Ii 893787
Posted
Posted

Hello, first I am a newb to the vitrual pilot thing. My problem is when I go to AVC, it says it can not find my callsign. I have read all of the PRC and nowhere does it state I would need established callsign before I log in for the first time. Id you have any answers, i would greatly appricate it. Thanks.

Andreas Hitschfel 912227
Posted
Posted

Hi Gary,

You must type you callsign at "Pilot Callsign"... it MUST be the callsign you are conected on VATSIM... if you are not conected, it couldnt work.

I hope to help

@all supporters: THANX FOT THIS GREAT FORUM!!!!!!!!!!

rg

Andy

As Pilot in the World - as Controller in Munich FIR (VACC-SAG, Europe, Germany)

1156.png21.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

So far I can just say AVC page "Pilot Info" must have correct Vatsim ID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

As well a working Authentication server. Page "Connection" must have correct Pilot Callsignal.

Same as you login at squawkbox.

Look Vatsim Visual display to verify you're there with correct callsignal.

Lennart Vedin SAS202

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Gary Harris Ii 893787
Posted
Posted

Oh by the way, the fact I am running FS2002 matter any??? If not, I am following the process as stated from the PRC. Run FS, goto multiplayer settings. I have my session name as squawkbox as it was stated to do.(That might be my problem) Goto host options and get IP. Start a new flight. Pull up Squawkbox main then host etc. etc. but still when I get to the time to connect onto the server though AVC my callsign is still wrong. I have gone back to make everthing excatly what I want my callsign to be, put everything as squawkbox and everything in between. Still no luck.

Ingo Kerber 911749
Posted
Posted

Hi Gary, I´m only guessing, but it seems you´ve been trying to log in with your PRC p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. That´s the wrong one! You need an additional VATSIM-p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (6-digit number) to get access to the Vatsim servers. Finish the registration process completely! After receiving an email with the number mentioned above everything should work out fine.

Ingo

Ingo Kerber 911749
Posted
Posted

Gary, please forget my post! Of course you must have received your Vatsim p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. Otherwise you wouldn´t have been able to post any messages here, right? Sorry, I feel very, very tired......

Matt Stagg 900323
Posted
Posted

Hey Gary,

Does Squawkbox give you private messeges from the VATSIM servers when you connect??? When it does happen Squawkbox should make a noice like a ding dong (not a door bell I am not very good at describing sounds). The messeges should appear and be in blue writing and basically telling you about the rules of being in their servers. If you get that you are connected. If thats not hapening you are misssing something very important in the stage of connecting up. I don't think you said any thing about SBRealy. SBRealy is program what you connect FS to. I don't how FS2002 works though you may not need I am not sure just don't take my word for it. I hope that helps you out!

Cheers,

Matt Stagg

Boeing 737NG Pilot

VOZ Virtual

9116.png

Bertrand Levaux 830193
Posted
Posted

Gary,

I faced the same problem 1 week ago, but like the others says... First tell us if you are able to connect to the Vatsim server (and getting the "ding dong" and blue text in SB window).

If you are sure to be connected and still AVC do not work properly,disconnect and re-connect looking carefully if, in the "conect" menu of SB, you "checked" the Box "use roger Wilco" and have at least one voice server listed in the very bottom "voice server" box. (see 103a in PRC- chapter 8 )

You need to do that only the very first time you connect SB and AVC. Afterwards, SB willlaunch automaticaly AVC.

I hope it helps you...