You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Greetings all (new pilot here)

Jon Nathan 1030863

Jon Nathan 1030863
Posted
Posted

Just thought i'd jump on and say hello, i'm a 'wet-behind-the-ears' enthusiast, i'm looking to learn a lot more about flying & all that goes with it, look forward to getting to know you guys!

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Welcome to VATSIM Jon, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and we'll be happy to help.

Jon Nathan 1030863
Posted
Posted

Appreciate that Paul, i was actually wondering if there are any VA's that would recruit a rookie pilot such as myself, i'm new to aviation, but am very comfortable with flight in smaller aircraft such as the Cessna 172SP Skyhawk, Beechcraft Baron 58 and the Mooney M20-M Bravo. I'd like to learn more about flight in the bigger aircraft and all the online procedures that go with it. Preferably a North American VA would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

I will not hesitate to recomend UVA. United-virtual.com. Check it out. It has a good training program for every cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] of aviation enthusiast.

Jon Nathan 1030863
Posted
Posted

Excellent, thank you Gabriel, appreciate the recommendation, i'll definitely check UVA out!

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Welcome to VATSIM Jon! I'm guessing your going to be spending most of your time flying in Canada? If so, I hope you enjoy the scenery, ranging from the mountains in B.C and parts of Alberta, to the low, lonely praries in Saskatewan and Manitoba. Welcome aboard!

Joshua Black

Thomas Mathieu 998318
Posted
Posted

Try Meridian Airlines! www.flymeridian.com. Meridian Airlines is a premier Virtual Airline. Founded in 1997, we have been evolving ever since and growing stronger each year. Our longevity is a direct result of our dedication, attention to detail and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ion for aviation.

We at Meridian work hard to provide pilots with an enjoyable and realistic airline environment. Our fully automated flight system is second to none and affords pilots the ability to obtain instant dispatch information any time of the day or night. Our operating procedures are very straight forward and once the fundamentals are learned the rest is up to you. Although we strive for realism as an airline, the degree of realism is up to the individual pilot. Some pilots will practice very real flight procedures while others may take a more casual approach when flying around the globe as a virtual pilot for Meridian . This atmosphere allows pilots from all skill levels to fly together and share in the virtual airline experience.

We offer only the highest quality aircraft available, we cover the globe with our hubs, a flexible yet realistic route network, one of the most advanced (and easy to use) flight operations systems in existence, and most importantly a management team that truly cares about the virtual airline experience and the pilots that make it all possible. Our goal is to provide a functional and enjoyable virtual airline for flight simulation, and we hope that you can get that through us.

If you are considering flying for a VA, why not join us. Take a few moments to browse our website, and get a feel for the extra touches that Meridian Airlines has to offer. If you have any questions or comments, stop by our Discussion Forum and say hello to the gang! We hope to hear from you.

See you online!

Tom

Best Regards,

Thomas Mathieu

VATAME1 Region Director

VATSIM Africa Middle East

http://www.vatame.net

[email protected]

TMSIGVATAME.png

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted
ranging from the mountains in B.C and parts of Alberta, to the low, lonely praries in Saskatewan and Manitoba. Welcome aboard!

That's not a whole lot of Canada you offered him

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

I forget all the others!

Also, it was a range... from the up's and down's of the mountains, to the boring, level praries.

Joshua Black

Jon Nathan 1030863
Posted
Posted

lol! I actually haven't flown the rockies yet, i've done the standard CN Tower / Niagara / Lake runs but haven't made it out west, i think i'll have to try that next

Victor Sussman 911965
Posted
Posted

Welcome aboard, Jon.

Hehe - when you cross the Rockies, make sure to bring oxygen if you're flying the Mooney.

However, if you want a gorgeous route for B.C. I highly recommend Vancouver (CYVR) to Prince Rupert (CYPR) continuing on to Sandspit (CYZP)

Also, if you'd rather not deal with the traffic at YVR, there's always Pitt Meadows as a departure point, or you could start on the Island and head out of Victoria or Comox.

Again - welcome. Feel free to send a .msg if ya see me online!

Victor Sussman, VAC061

Virtual Air Canada

http://www.vacanada.org

Vancouver Crew Base

'Splendor Sine Occasu'

Victor Sussman, CDN115

Canadi>n Airlines Virtual

Toronto Hub

http://www.flycav.com

'There's a Goose on the loose!'

VATCAN P1