You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Trainer candidate mode

Bernard Candela 842880

Bernard Candela 842880
Posted
Posted

In the docomeentation about trainer-candidate mode, it is said:

Candidate setup: Set up your connection just like the normal way to join to the VATSIM, but type

your trainers IP address as the server. (You can also collect IP addresses and write down to the

ipaddr.txt to have them in the list.)

Where can I find this trainers IP address once I'm connected in Simulation server mode ?

Or more precisely which address should I put in the server box for being able to receive a succesfull connexion from a client on internet ?

When I'm on my local network, client and server can communicate but I can't do it with external clients on the Internet.

Thanks for help

Bernard

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Bernard,

When you start the simulation session then of course you the trainer. In this way your IP address should be populated. When you are directly connected to the Internet then it is quite easy. Just type the

ipconfig 

command to a command prompt window and your address will be displayed. If you are in a local network with local IP addresses (you can recognize them as they always start with 192.168. ...) behind a router then it is a little bit more complicated. You should go to the router setup - unfortunately it is different for every model. Your router should tell you about the IP address it received from the ISP. At the router you should allow port 6809 to have incoming calls. And also you should forward this port from the router to your computer. So when the call arrives to your router it should be able to forward to your computer.

You should do the same for UDP port 3291 to have ground to ground communication.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Bernard Candela 842880
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gergely,

Problem solved ! Due to my router...All is OK now

Patrick Fuchez
Posted
Posted

hi,

I am patrick Fuchez, French vacc director.

I create a scenario for NIce airport, but my planes cannot take off !

i don't understand why.

With Bernard candela, i try the GMMN scenario with him, and the tahe off works well...

what can i do ?

merci thanks

fufu

Peter Selmeci 811548
Posted
Posted

Hello Fufu,

The planes have to be taxied onto the threshold of the runway. They need to be in the "threshold area". And there is one more important thing, I do not know... but there is a plane in one of our scenarios and it is always that particular plane that does not want to take off, there must be a typo or something like that in the definition of that given plane.

I would recommend checking the runway definition.

Peter

Patrick Fuchez
Posted
Posted

good evening Peter,

Can i send you my scenario text and LFMN_app.sct, to you ?

So, you will see where i wrong...

send me your adrees mail .

The mine is : patfu2@orange .fr

Merci thankx

fufu