You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Bug Report |Not Sure|Voice ATIS Blinking Letter in Red

Ahmed Hasan 958620

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted

1) Version 1.21

2) Windows XP SP2 + can write Arabic and English

3) Acer Aspire 5720 Intel Cure 2 duo T7100 1.8 GHZ 2 MBL2Cache

4) 1 GB

5) Intel Chipset 965 Express

6) Drivers 6.14.10.4864 (Latest)

7) Laptop with only 1 monitor connected

No Error Message Received

9) I was connected on GND station @ HECA and another controller was on the TWR station

I then made a new profile for the TWR and adjusted it's settings then recorded the voice ATIS when it started to blink in red

the V that appears in the box with the current ATIS started Blinking while in red

10) Connected as TWR using TAAATS Radar Mode and TAAATS Colour

I have tried on 2 different servers vacc sag 1 and 2

Rgrds

Ahmed H[Mod - Happy Thoughts]an

vpa240.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Something is causing the voice ATIS connection to fail. Does the HECA_ATIS connection show up in your controller list? (I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume so.) All I can suggest is that you disable any firewall or antivirus software and see if that makes a difference. Also, I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you can talk to pilots using the same voice server as specified for voice ATIS, right?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted
Something is causing the voice ATIS connection to fail. Does the HECA_ATIS connection show up in your controller list? (I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume so.) All I can suggest is that you disable any firewall or antivirus software and see if that makes a difference. Also, I'm [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you can talk to pilots using the same voice server as specified for voice ATIS, right?

First of all thanks for the fast reply

1-I was controlling till yesterday with no problems at all

2-I don't have a firewall and the one on windows allow the VRC and all it's ports and as mentioned it worked untill few hours earlier and that's the first time to see such message

3-I can talk to other pilots on the same servers and they read me 5 Loud and Clear and controlled for 2 hours +

Regards

Edit: The Pilots were able to hear it and the controllers in range where as well able to hear the voice ATIS

vpa240.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Pilots and controllers could hear the voice ATIS even though the V was blinking red?

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted
Pilots and controllers could hear the voice ATIS even though the V was blinking red?

Affermative I confirm this I asked the controller on the APP and he confirmed he could hear it

vpa240.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Then I'm afraid I have no idea ... it should only blink red if the voice server connection is broken.

What happens when you disconnect and reconnect the voice ATIS, without changing anything?

Ahmed Hasan 958620
Posted
Posted
Then I'm afraid I have no idea ... it should only blink red if the voice server connection is broken.

What happens when you disconnect and reconnect the voice ATIS, without changing anything?

Ok I was online few minutes ago and it was blinking red again

I checked my windows firewall and it's switched to OFF and I don't have any other one installed

Early today i tried to disconnect and reconnect several times but it was still blinking

vpa240.png