You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Could we get a vote??

Matt Bromback

Matt Bromback
Posted
Posted

Hey could someone with more power then me possibly create a poll on how pilots/atc are liking the new events here in VATUSA. Now that we have a few new ATC corridor events under our belt, I would like to see what everyone thinks about it...

Personally from flying in some and controlling in some...I would love to see more events then what is currently being planned for every month. I would say lets get rid of the regional nights since some ARTCC's don't even bother to staff up on these nights, while others are the "popular ones". I think if we came up with a new concept with regional nights it could become interesting again. I sense that the ARTCC's are tired of them and pilots are as well with nothing really to look forward to.

So lets see some of your ideas!!! Maybe we can get VATUSA to take some of these ideas into action!! Perhaps VATUSA already has some more ideas that they are willing to share with us??

-Thanks

Matt Bromback

Air Traffic Manager

N[Mod - Happy Thoughts]au FIR

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

Im with you 100% Matt. I remember my 1st FNO. All i can say it was the BOMB!! I didnt even know that FNO gotten cancelled. When were the board oa VATSIM going to ask the pilots how we feel? I love to come home and relax knowing that FNO will cheer me and my fellow pilots up. Now some times i go on the calender and see "SOMETIMES" that nothing if any is on there for Friday. Transcontinental flights??? Who has time to do that?? ATC Corridor?? I love to have ONE airport staffed up to the max to create more realism not 3 ARTCC's that have to round up controllers to spread everybody out. I am putting out a Wish list to Santa to BRING FNO BACK!!

http://www.allegiantva.org Join if you have skill!

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Earvie Rollins 971247
Posted
Posted

I think that Air Traffic Corridor is a great idea, but I rather have FNO back. It's not fun having an BIG event once a month. So I think that we should have Air Traffic Corridor every Friday or more frequently. Well that's my mind thanks.

2572.png

Earvie Rollins 971247
Posted
Posted
Im with you 100% Matt. BRING FNO BACK!!

TELL IT RYAN THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

2572.png

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted

Actually, try telling that to the various local Events Coordinators for the various ARTCCs. Why wait on VATUSA to put up a big event for the pilots, when the Events coordinators can put something up for their sectors?

To me, it sounds like you'd be barking up the wrong tree for that. Think Regional, start local.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

Im not saying names but EC's from some ARTCC's can plan anything for squat...it takes them weeks to just dig up people FNO is put there in advance of what 3 months?

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Matt Bromback
Posted
Posted

Actually, try telling that to the various local Events Coordinators for the various ARTCCs. Why wait on VATUSA to put up a big event for the pilots, when the Events coordinators can put something up for their sectors?

To me, it sounds like you'd be barking up the wrong tree for that. Think Regional, start local.

BL.

Very good point...I havent really been seeing to much ARTCC dedication so far to events, not sure if they are just to busy doing other things, or simply cannot come up with event ideas. Since this is the case I am saying maybe it should be brought to the attention of VATUSA to try and encourage some more involvement.

With a network strong of over 130,000 members now and growing, in my opinion there should be an event every night of the week (ok maybe thats a lot) but you get my point. We have the manpower, now we only need the will.

Matt Bromback

Air Traffic Manager

Scott Johnston 890281
Posted
Posted

BL.

A "Home made" event draws about 1/100 of the traffic as an official VATUSA event. (Of course, in ZLA that's not an issue...)

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

BL.

A "Home made" event draws about 1/100 of the traffic as an official VATUSA event. (Of course, in ZLA that's not an issue...)

Altough i have to say that i a few 1st events were spectacular. the KMCI KDEN KATL was uneventfull. But i just love the original FNO. How come this decision was made??? Dont pilots and controllers have a say in this?

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

Come on it's a Friday night party it up for 3 weeks then enjoy some ATC sheesh!

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

Wish it was every friday night sheesh

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

why? there are many other things you can do on a friday night im just saying I think its better this way than every friday due to the fact that some people have things to do and thus not as much traffic where as if you have it every month more people will show up because its like an actual event...

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

I'll be sure to get some FNO events going on in ZMA ASAP. They are my favorite also

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

why? there are many other things you can do on a friday night im just saying I think its better this way than every friday due to the fact that some people have things to do and thus not as much traffic where as if you have it every month more people will show up because its like an actual event...

But why??? every friday is better. I cant make every friday. So its better to have it to where at least a friday or two you can snag it.

BTW....I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

The Air Traffic Corridor events are a pretty big hit. I do agree that I have seen maybe 2 events scheduled by individual ARTCCs, which should change. There is room on Friday nights for the ARTCCs to do what they want, but that option isn't being stressed enough. However, I'm sure that will get better with time.

Bruno Pinto 964946
Posted
Posted

I am sure Karen will get on discussion when she get a chance!

Cheers!

Bruno Pinto

VATME - OOMM - C3

atc1o.png

bannervf7kp9.jpg

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

But why??? every friday is better. I cant make every friday. So its better to have it to where at least a friday or two you can snag it.

BTW....I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE

LOL thank you, the more accessible we make the info the less noobs we see! I realize that your reason for wanting it every friday and my reason for every month are almost one in the same, being that both deal with time constraint. I have been trying to push a 2nd friday night event in which artccs that rack up the most hours per month recieve a special event and are awarded for their activity maybe someone can make this happen, I had drawn it out awhile back but TGIF kind of got in the way of it however if anyone thinks it's a cool idea I will present it to the events director.

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

wow i just saw this

October 5th - ZAB,ZLA,ZOA

Featuring host airports

KPHX, KSFO, KFAT, KSAN, KSNA

November 2nd - ZBW,ZNY,ZDC

December 7th - ZHU,ZFW,ZAU

That blows

This once a month thing is horrible

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Justin A. Martin
Posted
Posted

I like the ATC idea, but we need events more often. I understand that ARTCC events don't bring too much traffic, but, being an EC, I think that if every ARTCC planned original events we can get some good ones going. I think ATC is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but it needs to be more often....

My $0.02...

Take care,

Justin

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
wow i just saw this

October 5th - ZAB,ZLA,ZOA

Featuring host airports

KPHX, KSFO, KFAT, KSAN, KSNA

November 2nd - ZBW,ZNY,ZDC

December 7th - ZHU,ZFW,ZAU

That blows

This once a month thing is horrible

Then do something about it, instead of letting VATUSA plan/host the events for you. Have the ARTCC you're wanting to have an event plan and host an event. Just because VATUSA has the ATC Corridor once per month doesn't mean that the other 3 or 4 weeks of the month are shot! Plan something and advertise it! Then you'll have the numbers you're looking for for that sector whenever you'd like.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

i dont control so i have no say in what goes on. They should have just let FNO live

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Brad Littlejohn
Posted
Posted
i dont control so i have no say in what goes on. They should have just let FNO live

Who said you had to be a controller?!?

Mail the Events Coordinators, DATMs, and ATMs of the sectors you want an event for, and request that they coordinate it. That is what they are there for, and why they are in those positions.

Honestly, this is like wanting change to be done, but not willing to make the efforts or do the work for the change to occur. As I mentioned previously, the power for this is in your hands, not VATUSA's.

BL.

Brad Littlejohn

ZLA Senior Controller

Matt Bromback
Posted
Posted

Who said you had to be a controller?!?

Mail the Events Coordinators, DATMs, and ATMs of the sectors you want an event for, and request that they coordinate it. That is what they are there for, and why they are in those positions.

Honestly, this is like wanting change to be done, but not willing to make the efforts or do the work for the change to occur. As I mentioned previously, the power for this is in your hands, not VATUSA's.

BL.

Brad very good statement right there, I agree that we have 2 options, either to complain and do nothing, or try to influence the people that make these events whether it would be VATUSA or your local ARTCC. I for one have applied for the Events Coordinator position at ZHU where I control because I want to do something about this and I think that would be a great start.

When creating this post I was more looking to see what the general viewpoint on the new event was. It might be too soon to get an accurate vote on an event that has only happened three times so far but maybe VATUSA can create a new poll to show some involvement in the community that they do care about what is going on here. Now I am not saying they are not doing their job because common sense would say they are continously working, they just might not post/publish everything they do for the world to see. However it would be nice to see every once and while an update on what the events department was brainstorming, debating, etc...Instead of just a "weekly events update" where it pretty much just posts the same information that is already found on the events calendar on VATUSA's website

Thank you all for your posts!!

Matt Bromback

Air Traffic Manager

Ryan Whitford 995253
Posted
Posted

Anyone want a poll?

wideloadwhitford.png

allegiantvabanner.png

Windows 7 Ultimate (64)

Intel i7 2600k 4.2 Ghz

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB 1600

750 WD

Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB

Earvie Rollins 971247
Posted
Posted

poll for what?

2572.png