You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mutiplayer aircraft

Rean Opperman 923715

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I know we're supposed to download the mutiplayer aircraft packs with the liveries/models/etc.

However - these all seem to be for FS2004. Is there a solution for FSX?

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

South Africa vACC (ACCSAF)

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hi guys,

I know we're supposed to download the mutiplayer aircraft packs with the liveries/models/etc.

However - these all seem to be for FS2004. Is there a solution for FSX?

I'm curious as to why you say you're supposed to download aircraft?

It's true the more AI you have on your system will be the more variety you will see in the FSInn pilot client.

Which pilot client are you using, by the way?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Alexander Nolting 887789
Posted
Posted

Get the word "pack" out of mind. FSInn uses any aircraft being able to be rendered by FSX. Just download what you like to see, FSInn will use that. Free you mind of the SB3 way of model matching.

“the biggest enemy of freedom are happy slaves“

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, thanks for replying.

I'm using FSInn (1.3 Beta). The reason I'm wondering about the "packs", is the fact that all the planes are using the default paints.

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hi guys, thanks for replying.

I'm using FSInn (1.3 Beta). The reason I'm wondering about the "packs", is the fact that all the planes are using the default paints.

Hi, Rean. I believe Alexander is suggesting that you will have better results (less of a performance hit) by downloading and installing one AI at a time, rather than packages. He might have more to add.

As far as the packs you may have heard of, it's most likely the vip and mpp packages that are available at http://www.mcdu.com/download . Because of the crude design, they are heavy on the overall performance. I believe the heavies is VIP, with MPP being less, and other individual AI planes being the least (meaning being less of a performance hit).

The VIP and MPP packages have a large variety of models that will immediately show you lots of variations on your sessions. You can find installation details at: http://wiki.mcdu.com/fsinn:configuration?s=vip .

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

Ah, thanks Larry.

If it's going to cause a performance hit, I'm definitely skipping this one. FSInn is already causing a 20fps drop in my framerates

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Ah, thanks Larry.

If it's going to cause a performance hit, I'm definitely skipping this one. FSInn is already causing a 20fps drop in my framerates

I'm surprised. I don't notice a drop on my system from FSInn. Of course any amount of displayed AI will always require resources. I notice a difference between lightly and heavily traffic airports, of course.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

Well, maybe I said it wrong and you guys misunderstood me I'm not using/seeing ANY AI whatsoever - only the actual other players in VATSIM.

But still - the moment I run FSInn (before even connecting to the VATSIM network), my framerate drops from 25 to 5. Kinda makes life difficult at the bigger airports.

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Well, maybe I said it wrong and you guys misunderstood me I'm not using/seeing ANY AI whatsoever - only the actual other players in VATSIM.

But still - the moment I run FSInn (before even connecting to the VATSIM network), my framerate drops from 25 to 5. Kinda makes life difficult at the bigger airports.

I understood what you were saying. I, in this case, used the term AI, meaning the other multiplayer activity. If I were not online and turned up the sliders, I'd have the same type of hit by adding other elements into the environment. In the case of off line, the other elements would be AI planes. In the case of online, the other elements are other VATSIM (or VA) pilots. For me the effect appears to be about the same.

As far as the frame drop you express, I would say that you have some problem that I wouldn't know how to duplicate.

Which OS are you running? Which Firewall/Antivirus are you running?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

James,

Ah, I see - no misunderstanding then, my bad

I'm running Windows XP Professional. No firewall or antivirus active while running FSX. System specs are:

CPU: Intel 2.8 GHz Celeron D (yes, I know, it sucks - but it gives 25fps in all other situations)

RAM: 2GB DDR-400 Dual-Channel

Graphics: Radeon X700 256MB (also sucks, but I have detail set to low)

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

By the way - I've just been wondering. If I only download the VIP and MPP model sets - how will FSInn know which plane to match up with which livery? I mean, other online users use their own liveries - how will it know SAA672 should have a SAA livery, and BAW218 should have a BA livery?

Or is there another way to get this done, other than the VIP/MPP sets?

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1