You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS Copilot and FSIn = FSX problems

Dante Fabrizio

Dante Fabrizio
Posted
Posted

I installed both of them according to the forum post and every time I start FSX, it shuts down, the I uninstalled, it works again. I need help. I have 2 other friends who have the same problem and we would really like to get on to the VATSIM servers.

Thanks,

Dante

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I installed both of them according to the forum post and every time I start FSX, it shuts down, the I uninstalled, it works again. I need help. I have 2 other friends who have the same problem and we would really like to get on to the VATSIM servers.

Thanks,

Dante

According to which forum post? Can you give me the title of the topic?

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Dante Fabrizio
Posted
Posted
Installing FSInn (updated 29 Oct 2007)
that one

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Installing FSInn (updated 29 Oct 2007)
that one

I'm surprised that 3 people (you and two friends) can experience a problem that has never happened to me on any of the computers I test. Today I did the installation on a very old laptop running FSX. It's so slow that it takes about 15 minutes for the opening screen to come up. However, it works. I did the installation to test some shared cockpit features for tech support.

Anyway, can you answer the following:

1) OS

2) FSInn Version

I'm also trying to think of anything else that could be culprit... but will start with those two.

-- L. James

--

L. D.. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Dante Fabrizio
Posted
Posted

1) XP-SP2

2) FSInn 1.2

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
1) XP-SP2

2) FSInn 1.2

You missed an important part. I tried to emphasis this part in the announcement. Most likely your friends missed the same part. By the way, it's also referred to in the PRC. FSInn1.2 is not compatible with FSX.

Read the link again. Go thought the four steps very careful. If you follow them you and your friends shouldn't have any problems. If you you still have problems, let me know. I'll be glad to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Dante Fabrizio
Posted
Posted

Thanks so much

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

FSInn 1.2 is actually very compatible with FSX, I've been using it for weeks with no problems at all. It's not compatible with Vista, though

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

South Africa vACC (ACCSAF)

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
FSInn 1.2 is actually very compatible with FSX, I've been using it for weeks with no problems at all. It's not compatible with Vista, though

I'm surprised you're able to run FSInn1.2 with FSX (since the SP1 update). The SP1 update broke most addons. It did break FSInn1.2. Benjamin is part of the official FSX beta team and realized the break long before SP1's release and was fixing it at the same time SP1 was being developed. He presented FSInn1.3 to VATSIM on the day of the SP1's release.

Before SP1, you could fly on VATSIM with FSX, but lots was missing in version1.2. For one you don't see landing gear on the aircraft of the other pilots online. If you're running version, that explains the problems you were having in your other topic that said you where having serious FPS issues every time you started FSInn, even before connecting to VATSIM.

I believe you'd be surprised at the difference if you installed and FSX compatible version of FSInn.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

Actually, the serious FPS issues was when I used FSInn 1.3. Version 1.2 fixed that.

It's indeed very weird. I've noticed nothing amiss in 1.2 so far under FSX. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. What exactly broke (other than the landing gear)?

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
What exactly broke (other than the landing gear)?

Actually it's been so long since I loaded it that I don't remember all the elements. I haven't installed it since FSInn1.3. I recall having to use various workarounds before 1.3. My radio would stop working, and I had to play with it to get it working in 1.2. I believe it had something to do with having to have Flight Simulator in focus.

I realize the people are saying there are glitches in 1.3, but for me, every since loading the last Beta, I never experienced a glitch.

Also, most of the problems that others experience, rather than me trying to load 1.2 and check the problem, I'll ask them to upgrade. If they still experience the problem after the upgrade, I'll try to duplicate the steps they have done and see if the problem exist for me. However, by the time they upgrade and do the steps, the problem is gone.

I believe yours is the first occasion of having any type of glitch with FSX/FSInn1.3 that downgrading cured.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

Ah, interesting.

I have noticed one thing in FSInn 1.2 - when I look at a plane in the sky (using FSX's multiplayer aircraft view), it stands still for 5 seconds, then takes a leap forward, stands still again, etc). Is this normal? Sure doesn't sound normal - might be one of those broken things in 1.2. Or possibly related to bad latency/lag?

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

Larry,

I tested again tonight:

First went to KLAX during a busy time, using FSCopilot 1.6 and FSInn 1.2. Average framerate was 15.

Then went to KLAX again, this time using FSCopilot 1.7 and FSInn 1.3. Average framerate was 4.

I can only suspect there's a serious bug or something....

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

Bill Casey
Posted
Posted

Rean - can you just confirm that you have applied FSX SP1? v1.3 was designed for FSX SP1 (if I remember correctly).

Also have you taken the two absolutely necessary steps to avoid FPS issues with any version of FSInn, namely reducing your MP range from the 150 miles to something more sensible (i.e. less than 40/50 miles) and increasing your weather refresh rate from the default 5 secs to something sensible in terms of minutes? Not changing these default settings are a guaranteed way of eating FPS.

I can confirm that that difference in FPS is not a normal effect from running v1.3 correctly set-up so it has to be something else at your end rather than a "serious bug".

Bill Casey

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

Bill,

Yup, running FSX SP1 my side, with weather refresh set to 300 (and automatically disabled), multiplayer range at 50.

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1