You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ICAO_Airport.txt

Earl Miller

Earl Miller
Posted
Posted

Gergely, In airport.txt is there a max number of airports that EuroScope can use? I added all the SLC airports. Only a couple show up in the flight plans. Is there something I must do?

Thanks,

Earl

note: I figured it out, I think it's just spacing! If not let me know

Earl Miller

ZLC_ARTCC / MTN073

Euroscope Development Team.

Dare to fly the Rocky Mountains.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Earl,

There is no limit for the number of the airports, but it is requested for fast search to have the airports in alphabetical order (by the ICAO code). I found in the code that there is no reordering in the code after loading.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 3 weeks later...
Radomir Vencek 947557
Posted
Posted

Hello,

may I ask you what is the source for the 'ICAO_Airport.txt' file? I found some incorrect records - also for international airports (incorrect paira ICAO / name).

Can this be posted as a bug?

Thanks!

Rada

Earl Miller
Posted
Posted

I would think not a BUG, just miss information. As I control I check all the AC I an find. If I find one that shows an airport not listed I enter it. I use

fltplan.com for the info. I also entered all the airports in my sector file for easy identification. One needs to remember to "TAB" between each entry.

Example: KSLC[tab]Salt Lake City Intl[tab]Salt Lake City-UT, without brackets. It will then appear: KSLC = Salt Lake City Intl (Salt Lake City-UT). Is this what you needed?

Earl

Earl Miller

ZLC_ARTCC / MTN073

Euroscope Development Team.

Dare to fly the Rocky Mountains.