You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[SIM MODE] ILS Runway??

Ali Abou-Zeid

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

In the Scenario file, it says that the runway can have ils and the example is given for an ILS runway, what if I want to have a RWY available only for departures, or a runway that does not have ILS. How can this line be started?

I tried to omit the ILS part and just start with the runway's name and it didn't read it.

Regards,

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Ali,

ILS is just the keyword to define an active runway. It can be used for departure and arrival in the simulation session. But it is not necessary to communicate it with the trainee. You can still communicate am NDB or visual approach, while you press the ILS button in the simulation. The actual approach type is more the work for the pilot not really the controller.

If the runway is only for departure then simple do not use and tell the trainee not to use it either. It is just a simplification like you use the TAXI button for pushback, taxi and lineup. They just look the same from the radar screen.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Thanks for clearing things up

The word "can have" confused me

Cheers!

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??