You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VTBS scenery

Kevin Tsai 1029796

Kevin Tsai 1029796
Posted
Posted

Hey, I'm planning to fly from Taipei to Bangkok sometime next week and I want to know if my computer is compatible with the scenery of SIAMAVSIM VTBS 2006. It has very good, detailed scenery and I really want to install it, but I don't know what it'll do to my computer.

My computer specs are 1 GHz processor, 16 MB graphics card, 256 MB RAM all running on Windows 2000 Professional.

And oh, I installed another VTBS scenery from AVSIM just in case my PC won't work on it. It's called Jetways and Terminals and it has improved sceneries for some airports including VTBS and I had to download packages 9, 11, and 12 and I only installed anything that had to do with VTBS.

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

Hi Kevin, the siamavsim scenery will work fine. You may suffer a few drops in frame rates but nothing too major.

If you're using FSP[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers, I'd recommend deleting the jetways and terminals scenery. You shouldn't need it (as far as I know) with the VTBS 2006 scenery from siam avsim.

The VTBS scenery is one of the best freeware sceneries I've seen. I'd recommend it anyday.

All the best with your flight. Hope you enjoy it.

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Kevin Tsai 1029796
Posted
Posted

Did you check the manual it came with the download? It was in the requirements section of the manual. Apparently, I read it and I believe that my PC wouldn't be good for it. Did you read that part?

Kevin Tsai 1029796
Posted
Posted

Here are the minimum requirements that said in the manual

1.5 GHz processor, 3 GHz recommended for full ability

512 MB memory

64 MB graphics display

Paul I'm not so sure if it would work though.

Paul O'Donnell 969350
Posted
Posted

I did read the manual, but it was a rather long time ago, nearly a year now infact.

I don't have that scenery installed on my FS at the moment. But it certainly worked on my laptop which is 192MB RAM, so it may work on your set up.

You can always give it a try and if you don't like it, you can delete it. If that's too much effort then you can always stick with the jetways and terminals scenery.

Or if you're lazy like me, you won't bother installing it (coz I always forget) and end up flying to VTBD instead.

All the best mate

Regards,

Paul O'Donnell

SINvACC - INS/CTR+

www.sinvacc.net

Kevin Tsai 1029796
Posted
Posted

Yes! The scenery works on my computer! This is the best scenery I've used because it's the first and only scenery in my flightsim that uses moving jetways and bus, cars, and other things like that. And best of all, its free!