You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sound and video question

Joaquin Blanco

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

What would be the best software (freeware if possible) to insert sound into an avi file.

Because I have a 2 PC set up with sim on one and headset/voice on the other I would like

to be able to record ATC separate from AVI and later insert/edit sound into AVI.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco

Rean Opperman 923715
Posted
Posted

You mean, you're making an AVI movie, and you want to edit it and put an existing sound recording in it?

Well.. there are a few options, but the only one that you don't have to pay extra money for is probably Windows Movie Maker, that comes with Windows XP/Vista. It gives you a storyboard on which you put your AVI, and then you can overlay the soundtrack from a .wav, .mp3, etc.

Rean Opperman - ACCSAF1

South Africa vACC (ACCSAF)

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

Ah yes, good old Movie Maker. Just take out the graphics, and leave the sound.

Joshua Black

Mark Brummett
Posted
Posted

Do a google search for "VirtualDub". That should get you started, but you'll need to read the instructions.

It is freeware.

Mark Brummett

Website owner, http://www.zkcartcc.org

ZKC Events Co-ordinator

Joaquin Blanco
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies. I already have Virtual Dub which I've been using to join AVIs created by FRAPS, didn't realise

you could edit extra sound to the AVI with this software. I need to do things this way because the plantronics usb headset

and FSInn are on a separate computer and FRAPS won't record ATC communications.

Regards

Best regards

Joaquin Blanco