You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Controller Position Not Displayed

Opher Ben Peretz 882232

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Hi,

while connected at EURW_FSS, a bordering position EGGX_FSS cannot be seen, neither on controller list, nor is the common border lit. My range is set to maximum- 600.

EDIT: VRC didn't see him either, so it may be a non-ES problem.

Regards, Opher Ben Peretz

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Glenn Blanco 852844
Posted
Posted

check your POF/ESE. The position might not have been defined there

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

May sound silly, but the common mistakes:

1) Check vis range, but with EGGX's vis range aswell they should be seen.

2) Check ESE as Glenn has said.

Can you paste the ESE entry if you can?

vatme-sig.jpg

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Thanks for suggestions. My original post stated 600NM range, LEBL is the reference center. The .sct/.pof files are the standard files updated by VATEUD. I had no problems seeing all other control positions.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Opher,

When you publish your visibility center and range then it the server's task to determine what other controllers are within reach. So really the only thing you can check and probably change is the center point and the range. And that is quite straightforward with the EDIT that VRC does not see him as well.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

A problem I had in a previous version of EuroScope, (2.9b) was that when I set my visibility centres, they would reset and my aircraft would not see me, same with the nearby controllers. I think this was fixed in 2.9c, correct?

vatme-sig.jpg

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Thanks for suggestions. I'll check it with v.2.9C. I can see Carribean centers with 4 times the distance, so how much my LEBL visibility center plays here to see a bordering sector I am not sure I understand.

Opher,

When you publish your visibility center and range then it the server's task to determine what other controllers are within reach. So really the only thing you can check and probably change is the center point and the range. And that is quite straightforward with the EDIT that VRC does not see him as well.

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

Opher,

Can you see aircraft that are over the Atlantic? (With simulated traffic off)

vatme-sig.jpg

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

With radar operating, EURW sector loaded around LEBL and range 600, I can see aircraft westward, up to the dateline (west of alaska).

Opher,

Can you see aircraft that are over the Atlantic? (With simulated traffic off)

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

Erm, Wow. With simulated off?

vatme-sig.jpg

Martin Loxbo
Posted
Posted

I had a similar problem with seeing another controller tonight, I was online as an Observer and I couldn't see ESSA_APP in the list. I had three visibility centers and a range of 280 NM, thereby covering the entire FIR with good margins. Still I couldn't see ESSA_APP, but all other controllers (as far as I'm aware). When I reset one visibility center to ESSA he finally showed up.

Martin Loxbo

Director Sweden FIR

VATSIM Scandinavia

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

I tend to think it is a visibility range issue somhow, not related to the client. When visibility center is set close, that EGGX_FSS position would come up but only following a few minutes of connection to the server.

What exactly is the visibility range rule? (VRC had it to border to vis center, ASRC- center to center I believe).

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

I'm on Shanwick (EGGX_FSS) as I write this, and I saw Opher on EURW_FSS for a few seconds and then gone, I'm not sure if he had disconnected or whether this problem occured.

I'm on VRC for the moment (I use it only for Shanwick, due to an oceanic program fuctionality)

vatme-sig.jpg

Opher Ben Peretz 882232
Posted
Posted

Daniel,

I tried to connect using various servers but got disconnected after a few seconds. I reduced range due to more than 800 clients online but still no joy. I'll try VRC just to see what the source of the problem is.

Edit: same situation on VRC. No probelm connecting to LLLL_CTR using same servers. Cannot relate it to ES, has to be the Vatsim network, possibly also related to my Slovak location although I get good pings. Have seen it before during heavy participation on EUC positions with 1500NM range, also from Israel and Scandinavian locations.

I'm on Shanwick (EGGX_FSS) as I write this, and I saw Opher on EURW_FSS for a few seconds and then gone, I'm not sure if he had disconnected or whether this problem occured.

I'm on VRC for the moment (I use it only for Shanwick, due to an oceanic program fuctionality)

Senior Instructor

APP_5106_LLBG.jpg

Daniel Doorgakant
Posted
Posted

Yea, the 1500 was a problem with all those connected a few times as FSS.

vatme-sig.jpg