You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New ATC

Dan Pletzke 918453

Dan Pletzke 918453
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. Im pursuing a career in law enforcement in the real world. Im 18 years old and currently live in Michigan. I resently joined vatsim in pursuit of an online ATC career here. My dad's been doing this for quite a while now as a pilot for vatsim and ive watched him many times and just took interest in it myself.

I look forward to meeting and working with some of you, and hopefully will start controlling here soon.

Thanks,

Dan

Julian Wayne 960331
Posted
Posted

Well welcome to the network! If your pursuing ATC and you live in Michigan, the best bet would be ZOB ARTCC (Cleveland ARTCC) covers a mojority of Michigan, Ohio, and Eastern side of Pennsylvania. Either way I hope you like it here!

Thanks,

Julian "JW" Wayne

2558.png

Dan Pletzke 918453
Posted
Posted

yup, was looking into that, just waiting now on an email from vatusa.

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

If you live in Southwest Michigan ZAU, Chicago would be best. See ya online!

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

All opinions I'd say... If you live in Michigan ZAB would be best because it's south of you...

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.

Dan Pletzke 918453
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys for the help, i live over in the greater detroit area, so most likely will be setting up shop at ZOB. Its more my area so ill be more familiar with the surroundings this way.

Thanks though for some input. Glad to see some activity to these type of threads.

Dan

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the network

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Kevin Smith
Posted
Posted

Welcome aboard and you will enjoy ZOB for sure. I was controlling there for a bit and loved every minute of it. The training staff is top notch and all the controllers are great folks. Have fun and I'll fly into DTW for ya.

0.png

Michael Scott 970177
Posted
Posted

welcome dan i am a controler at zob along with julian and with kevin for awile it is a fun place. it may intrest you to look at the training outline becouse it has recently changed somewhat and that way you'll fully understand in the next few monthes what you'll be doing http://www.zobartcc.org/smf/index.php?topic=1760.0

well anyways welcome and hope to see you on the scopes soon

Mike Scott

Air Traffic Manager

Cleveland ARTCC- VATUSA

Glenn Blanco 852844
Posted
Posted

so... your dad won't mind you trying to steal computer time from him? (unless you have your own, of course). LOL

Alex Bailey 969331
Posted
Posted

Looks like you joined ZMA

Alex Bailey

ZMA I-1

Zachary Beard
Posted
Posted

You are not limited to your real life area, of course. I live in California, and control in Central Africa, haha.